Seatbelts

feddoc

Long Time Member
Two days ago I was on my way back from NM/CO and happened to see this about 2 hours from home.

This little blue car passed me slowly, I was doing 72 on the cruise control. Limit was 75 or 80.

j0aU9Av.jpg

A very short time later the passenger was thrown clear of a single vehicle rollover crash. A passing CCU nurse also witnessed the crash and turned around in the median to assist. The windshield was found about 15' from the car. Pax was found slightly under the car.

She (the nurse) and another guy pulled her out; then we began CPR with no joy. Twenty + minutes of CPR wont save someone whose heart has stopped due to BFT.

We had to use a syringe to clear her mouth of blood in order to use the mask breather (gotta avoid pushing liquid into the lungs). Never got a pulse.

Wear your seat belts.

The Government isn't telling me what to do, 'Merica.

Saw the same thing happen last year on I-90, gal passed us doing 90+ about 20 minutes later, she rear-ended a semi, car was in the ditch and they unsuccessfully performed CPR. Can't remember if she was wearing a seat belt or not.

Same goes for wearing helmets when on a motorcycle, ATV, dirt bike, etc. Amazing how many get brain damage from accidents at slow speeds on dirt bikes and ATV’s.

CPR rarely works, in particular that kind of trauma.

Drowning, lightning, access to an AED, you have a chance. Most other cases, you're done.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom