Sea Chickens

Califelkslayer

Long Time Member
I hate em but thought they were the best team going into the SB. Same recipe as the 9ers; stellar defense, control the football, don't turn it over. That's where we went wrong, 3 4th quarter turnovers. But 6" and we'd have been playing today.

I saw an article in the SF Chronicle comparing the 9ers to the Sea Chickens. It had age, length of contract, etc. They are a little bit younger, we have more guys tied up longer in contracts, they have more free agents this year.

But an example is Carlos Rogers, 6.8 million next year. Not sure we can do that and sign Kap and A. Smith to long term deals.

I did see Kap on CANBA and he said he'd take less to keep the team together. Pretty swell comment for a young 20 sumpthing guy. But his agent may change his mind.

I think 3 of the best 6 football teams in the NFL reside in the NFC West. Tough going for us the next few years. (Don't laugh at the Cardinals 10-6, beat the Sea Chickens at home)

We have our work cut out for us.

Seahawks vs 9'ers is setting up to be a rivalry that will last a long time and always be very intense. It's good for the Game!

I think most NFL fans would rank the Seahawks-9er's #1 & #2 this year. Though Seattle beat us , i'm not so sure that we weren't playing better ball in the game toward the end, weren't the best Team all said and done, but as i said in another thread, the best team doesn't always win.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

larrbo,

time to start hating on the Dodgers and not the Seahawks, I guess.

Sage, ditto. The Seahawks showed extreme intensity in both the NFC Championship game and the Super Bowl. The Broncos couldn't match it, almost intimidated. At no time this year did I believe the 9ers were intimidated by anybody this season and matched the Seahawks intensity pretty well.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-04-14 AT 10:01AM (MST)[p]The Seahawks in the Super Bowl reminded me of the 2012 Giants. You almost feel sorry for the team that has to face them, although I didn't see it coming with the Hawks so much.

Before the 2012 World Series, I actually felt bad for Detroit. A team gets that mojo going and it's lights out before it starts!

Eel

Edit: larrbo said it's time to start hating on the Dodgers. I never stopped!:)

Me either, but that hatred took a back seat to the Sea Chickens for at least a few months.

Thinking this will be MadBum's Cy Young year. Go back and look at my early season post from last year stating he would be the ace before the end of the season.

Getting excited. Hoping Morris is all that.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom