SE Idaho Hunters

G

groc426

Hello everyone,

I'm new to monstermuleys, but glad to be here. This seems like a great group of people. Long story short, I was born and raised in Idaho Falls but consider this my first year at truly hunting (I've never shot a big game animal).

My plan for this year is to hunt spring black bear (spot-n-stalk style), put in for an antelope (doe/fawn) draw, muley, and elk. Also, throw in a little 'yote hunting and possibly wolf if I can get a little more north, since Southern Idaho is closed this year. I've only (road) hunted muleys when I was a kid, so all other game is a brand new adventure for me, though I'm familiar with most areas as other hobbies have taken me all over SE Idaho. In future years I plan to put in for moose, sheep, & mtn. goat.

I plan to do A LOT of scouting this year in the SE units (60's and a little 73) for primarily elk and deer. At the moment, I'm having the hardest time choosing which specific unit to heavily scout for elk.

Anyways, I was wondering if there are any other ambitious hunters out there (new or experienced) that would like to share information throughout the year? I'm out there at least every weekend and have no problem sharing info with others. PM me if interested and maybe we can get a small group together to share info, insights, and experiences.

Of course, I will share with monstermuleys, but more specific info will be in private messages and so forth.

Deerlove - Thank you, you are correct. I understand how that was misconstrued from my post. They do have plenty of deer though.

The in-laws live in that area so we visit quite often. I plan to do a little 'yote hunting and deer scouting there this year. Though I have no plans to hunt elk there myself, a hand full of others do and I have no problem relaying information to those interested, as well as info for deer or coyotes.

I hope I don't come across as wanting to leech information, but truly want to share information back and forth. One of the greatest aspects of hunting in Idaho is there is a lot of new, public places to discover and hunt. While I understand familiarity has a role in hunting, I hope that I will get to hunt in a lot of new, unknown-to-me places. I'm really after the hunting experience and think sharing information can enhance that experience.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom