scouting

ishootaRUM300

From my understanding during the Colorado hunting season I could take a coyote or bobcat untill I fill my deer tag. Does anyone know is this correct? I have not had a chance to do so yet but would love to. What I am really after is if that is the case can I have my deer tag on me while out scouting in the month of August and do the same or would I need a small games license?

ishoot,

I have never looked in to the CO guide books so take this with a grain of salt. It is my understanding that the coyote is a non-protected species. Meaning that you do not need a tag of any kind to hunt them. At lest that is the way it is in Utah. If CO is the same it would not matter if you have or do not have a deer tag, coyotes would be open game. As for the bobcat I would not dare comment on that one.

400bull

From the small game regs...."You can hunt coyotes without a license during big game seasons if you have an unfilled big game license for the same season and unit. You must use the same method of take for coyotes as your big game license allows."

So, no, you cannot shoot a coyote without a small game license while you are scouting. You will have to wait till your hunt starts if you dont want to buy a small game license.

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

You can shoot a coyote with a small game license or with a deer or elk tag during season. Bobcat does not open until December First so you can not shoot them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom