Scoring question

oilcan

Long Time Member
So i shot a 4X4 Muledeer on one side he is a typical 4 point but on the other side his points come of the main beam like a Whitetail.

So how do i score him? Does he fall into the Non-typical catagory? Do i score the One side like a Whitetail?

Thanks

Agreed! I'll let others provide scoring details but pictures are the lifeblood of MM. Please.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

one of the points on the whitetail side would be considered an inline. It would be deducted from the overall score as well as the g3 on the typical side. ( I think)

It was a big bodied 2 point. (this is my signature)

Just measure all of the points twice and call it good...

As a gross score you can just add everything together - I don't like deductions, but that's another story.

Here is my understanding of how you can score your buck:

For a net typical score you wouldn't get a g3 measurement and one of the inlines would count against your typical score - and you wouldn't get credit for the g3 on the other side either.

As a net non-typical you would need to net the frame just like you would with a typical - then the extra inline could be added on as a non-typical point.

Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong.

WYmoose

WYmoose is right and I love the part about "add them all and double the score"! It always works for me. I have MANY world records by doing that. Oh, and remember to add in the outside width too, it really adds to the score. LOL

Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom