Scoring advice on a couple of pronghorn, please!

N

NvHuntNut

I have been out scouting since I found out about my rifle tag in June and have found what I think are a couple of respectable speed goats. This is my first antelope tag; I am hoping for a decent animal. I like both of these goats. My friend says the first one is only 14" and look for something bigger. Any opinions out there? Please let me know if the picture worked- I am pretty bad at posting them.
4a8a233548b07af3.jpg

This is the second goat
4a8a250d5ca7e041.jpg

personally, I like the first one. I think he is a 15 inch goat all day long (cause of his curl). Hard to tell how much curl the second one has. The first pic is farther away and he looks bigger than the close up one to me.

I'm no expert, but I'm going to agree that the first looks longer than 14".

---------------------------------------------------------------
That's more of a "Hey I'm a badger but I really like ponies and rainbows too" smile. - mtnmayhem

I like the first goat too. I'd say he's closer to 15". Doesn't look real heavy but a good mature buck. Good luck on your hunt.
-Raptor

The first goat is longer than the second and I'd say 15 inches for sure. His prongs are well over his ears and he has good length above the prong. He curls over pretty well too. Not a lot of mass and the cutters are average. I'd guess low 70's. Pretty goat, great trophy - POW !!! Good luck. Chip

I'll go 15" in that first buck. I think the post above has a reasonable score. I'd probably say 4 inch prongs max.

Thank you all for giving me such quick advice.
I thought the first one may be a bit bigger than 14", but I am pretty inexperienced with judging antelope. I think from what I am hearing, if #1 is there Saturday he is going to get it! There is a bigger one around but I couldn't get any good pictures. I am also sure there will be a large group of hunters chasing him at daybreak and this one is 'under the radar.' I will be happy with any animal I get, but with the way things are going we may not have bullets or reloading equipment by the next tag I draw. I'm trying to make this one count! Thanks again.

The first one has great length, way above 14". I'm thinking closer to 16". I think his mass and prong length keep him in the low 70's. The second buck on the other hand I don't think will make even 14".

That first buck is a great looking buck. I would also agree that
it is closer to 15". That is one of those bucks that you shoot,
regardless of what the score is IMO. I really like the looks of
that buck!!