score thoughts?

W

west

This guy has grown taller since these pics were taken.

29511stbuck1.jpg

21721stbuck2.jpg

4121stbuck3.jpg

"blaming guns for violence is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'donnell being fat."

I hate to guess, because I was about 5" off on your buck last year. But I'd say he's around 81" as pictured.

I think that if you move to Alaska, you should give your 'lope hunting spot to a neighbor to the south. ;-)

Yup, I might take a guess and go about 81 or so, maybe 82 he looks pretty decent in height, good mass - but really just a great looking buck. I'd take him in a second - I'll be there in central Wyoming in about 3 weeks or so, can't wait to find one like that!!!

>I hate to guess, because I
>was about 5" off on
>your buck last year.
>But I'd say he's around
>81" as pictured.
>
>I think that if you move
>to Alaska, you should give
>your 'lope hunting spot to
>a neighbor to the south.
>;-)

If i ever move to alaska i'll send you a map. Don't see alaska in my future at this point though....sorry. This buck has added about another inch of height since i took these pics. Haven't been able to get a descent pics of him since though.

In your defense the pics of my buck last year weren't that great. Those far off pics can be hard to judge.

"blaming guns for violence is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'donnell being fat."

I was considerably off on your buck from last year, too, which seems like only last month . . . I'm going to say he's an all-time booker net, but not by much. Great buck!

Ill bet you he nets B&C. MASS adds up quick and that buck has it. I think that antelope is as cool as they come and would take him any day without blinking. He could be close to 7" on his lower circumferences and his mass i carries very well up the horn. Prongs look 5 or so but he's 15" long. I can't wait to see him down!

Any more pics! GPS locations? :)

>Ill bet you he nets B&C.
> MASS adds up quick
>and that buck has it.
> I think that antelope
>is as cool as they
>come and would take him
>any day without blinking.
>He could be close to
>7" on his lower circumferences
>and his mass i carries
>very well up the horn.
> Prongs look 5 or
>so but he's 15" long.
> I can't wait to
>see him down!
>
>Any more pics! GPS locations?
>:)

no more pics sorry, but here is the GPS location. ;-)
64.508759, -165.432189

BANG!
Then put the tape to him and tell us what he scores.
He's big.......bigger than the biggest pronghorn in most areas.

If you pinned me down on a score I'll GUESS 81 3/8".

Good luck, Zeke

Id say about 76. I dont think he is a B&C goat...but a very nice one anyway.

Josh

+1 with Reddog. Thats a book buck around 85 inches. Now take him and lets see for sure!

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.
Thomas Jefferson

Out of curiosity, which state is he in?

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.
Thomas Jefferson

That where I put him. I figured 84 gross. He's big for a reason. The closer I get to opener the harder he has been to find. I have 2 others that are on my list above this guy that I think will outdo him. That and they are in easier stocking terrain. We'll just have to see who will cooperate the most. Thanks for all the input guys

>Out of curiosity, which state is
>he in?
>
>When you reach the end of
>your rope, tie a knot
>in it and hang on.
>
>Thomas Jefferson

Wyoming

Why are you guys guessing so low on that thing? Is it unmanly to slightly overjudge? That thing is a beast and there's no possible way it's not an all-time B&C buck with ease. I can't see it scoring under 85, but it's probably better than that. To give a better guestimate, please post a straight on shot of the horns.

Personally, I think that it a great antelope. I wouldn't worry about the score until I was measuring him in the back of my truck. Next pics I want to see is you ground checking him.

Good luck. I'm headed to Wyoming in 2 weeks, hoping to see one close to that size.

A great goat for sure.

14 L
6 Prong
7 M1
7 M2
4 M3
3 M4
=82

Deduct an inch for one prong that's shorter than the other and He's around 81.

I really don't see how people are getting 85 on that buck unless the hair around the base of the horn is growing up about an inch making him 15 and he goes 7 1/2 on the mass 1 & 2.

I still think 85 is pushing it as pictured

They will shrink a couple of inches and deducts for the difference between horns will probably lose about 2 inches.Still don't think he will gross over 79

LAST EDITED ON Sep-18-10 AT 02:14AM (MST)[p]maddog, what are you smoking? Why even comment when you're that clueless about evaluating a pronghorn?

>LAST EDITED ON Sep-18-10
>AT 02:14?AM (MST)

>
>maddog, what are you smoking?
>Why even comment when you're
>that clueless about evaluating a
>pronghorn?

Well when I can sit here and look at my 83 net B&C on the wall and the one in the pic isn't close to it,I guess I can.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-18-10 AT 07:23AM (MST)[p]They do shrink alot and deducts for horn difference can be alot.Should allow for that if really wanting to make the book.That is a nice antelope,no doubt.Good luck on your hunt and if you shoot him I hope I am wrong and he makes book

LAST EDITED ON Sep-18-10 AT 07:50PM (MST)[p]No. I helped my dad get his goat today. I have 4 more days to hunt so we will se what happens. Sounds like i need to try for this goat just to calm everybody down.

this is the goat my dad took today

2116p1020885.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Sep-18-10 AT 09:36PM (MST)[p]do you have a pic of the 83" buck maddog? Elko county buck, right?

I dont remember seeing him on here.

>LAST EDITED ON Sep-18-10
>AT 09:36?PM (MST)

>
>do you have a pic of
>the 83" buck maddog? Elko
>county buck, right?
>
>I dont remember seeing him on
>here.

It's under 2009 photo gallery big bucks Sept 8.Sorry not smart enough to copy to the link.Yes it was Elko County.Not a real good pic-right side of his face was damaged

Beautiful buck your Dad got, but you better get this one. Sure looks like an easy B&C all time buck. Really want to laugh more about the 77 inch guess when the metal hits the horn. Great photos too..

thanks Spaz. Sorry to say i wasn't able to find this buck again. Although with your amazing display of trophy antelope under your belt....I can't imagine anybody would second guess your thoughts on a field judge. I did close the deal yesterday on another B&C buck i had been watching. I will post pics as soon as i get the chance.

Congrats West on your buck.Can't wait to see pics. How big was he? Please don't post pics first and then make me guess again at the score LOL

Great Antelope Gets me Excited! I am going antelope hunting in Wyoming this weekend. That Goat has it all and I would say that it gross scores 85" I have shot alot of goats and that is a beauty!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom