score thoughts

W

west

LAST EDITED ON Aug-26-09 AT 09:03AM (MST)[p]Any thoughts on score

4a954d9417346984.jpg

4a954db6181731a5.jpg

4a954dd7194f0a4b.jpg

4a954e011c0d17a1.jpg

"blaming guns for violence is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'donnell being fat."

LAST EDITED ON Aug-26-09 AT 12:36PM (MST)[p]I think he's a little better than that. The way he sweeps back could be deceiving as far as length goes. He has really nice cutters and good mass. I think he might make 15 inches. I'd say 78''. Put a tape on him and you'll know for sure :>) GOOD LUCK !
Chip

A little short and not unbelievable mass but an awesome goat. I like the prongs. Here's how I score him.

13 Length
6 M1
7 M2
3 1/2 M3
2 M4
7 prong
x 2=
75 Gross score

Maybe a little more than 75 but unfortunately I don't think you are going to get 80 out of him.

ill agree with the 78 inches... looks like good length, awesome prongs, good mass too.

just think how good we would all be at field judging scores like this if we could get an official score after every one!

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com
Blacks-Creek Packs Dealer

My Guess 77-78 range. He looks like 13 inch fron the side, but he is wide. The last picture looks like around 14.5 inches length. Good prong and decent mass. My guess.

I don't know if it is his cutters throwing me off or what, but i spent 45 min watching him through the spotting scope. I put him around 82. When i got back and analyzed the pictures i started coming up with scores in the 76-78 range. I thought he would make my top three for this season, but i'm starting to second guess it now. Its weird how much larger he seemed in the scope. i'm usually pretty accurate at field judging, but this guy is weird.
"blaming guns for violence is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'donnell being fat."

Another Score update for you guys. Green Gross comes to 80 3/8 15in horns My brother made a great shot to put this goat down.

4ab95f85119e84e3.jpg

4ab95fa412665c54.jpg

i agree it is very hard to judge by photo. I almost talked us out of this goat by looking at pics. He seemed much larger in person. We came across him the other afternoon and it only took a few seconds to put him back on the top of the list. He is a very unique cool goat with a nice score to boot. won't dry net 80 but green gross is what means the most to me.

Another great goat for you guys Josh. Congratulations ! I was a little conservative on my guess. I'd be very happy with that one 2 weeks from today. Chip

thanks chip.
Reddog. The cutters have a measurement of 7 1/4 and 7 3/8. If you notice in the head on pics he really thickens up around his cutters. This carries all the way to the back and peaks inward. When we place the strait edge you can darn near measure to the inside back of the horn. I will try to get my brother to send some pics to me to postt.its pretty cool.

WOW, a buck with 7"+ prongs is as good as one that is 18" tall, IMO.

there aint many that growem like that.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom