Score This Buck

ElkSniper

Very Active Member
What do you guys think the buck on the right scores?
1591pics_002.jpg

Sorry about the pic was taken with a disposable camera then took a pic of that pic.

Thanks

It's hard for me to say without a side view of him. I'll tell you that the lack of curl near the top will hurt his score. All I know is that an 80" buck is a total stud and there is no doubt that they are shooters. For me, if I ever question how big a buck is or if I have to "talk myself" into shooting him. I can guarantee I won't be happy with him once he's down. There is a lot of "ground shrinkage" on those bucks. On the other hand, the ones where I say, "Holy Crap!" and there is never a question whether they are shooters are the ones that I've never regretted putting my tag on.

Thanks for all the replys. I as many of you wish I had a side profile to look at as well to get a better look at mass and prongs. Again sorry about the pic.

What would you say the horn length is from the pic?

+1 wyoming bighorn. If youre not sure youll ALWAYS be let down with antelope.

Heres a video of a buck I hunted with my bow last year. Had 3 opportunities at him and couldnt resist the last day. Hes a beautiful buck and looks a lot like yours. Great mass below the prong and good prongs made up a bit.

No curl on top costs a lot on score. Remember every measurement is doubled assuming the sides are equal. 1.5" of curl is 3" of gross score.
cover3.JPG

l_turn_away.JPG

He officially netted 80 1/8" P&Y I cant complain. But after watching the videos all year the other buck I was after had a lot more tops on him and a bit heavier. This buck haunts me!

WOW! That buck looks very close to the one I posted! Great buck! You are right when you guys said that no curl on top hurts the score. I was looking around the house and scoring some of the euros and the bucks that have curl are a bit bigger than they look. BUT it seems that the bucks with little to no curl tend to look taller. Therefore they look bigger to me. Im a sucker for length. Again great buck!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom