Score this buck!!

M

mulieslayer52

I am a newbie when it comes to antelope hunting. I chased them around for a year with stick and string (shot a good P&Y buck).

I am hoping to draw a rifle tag next year. We have this buck on our private land that we hunt and hes been here for years. I have some good footage of him and just want to know what people think his score will be. Height? Prong lengtth? etc.

I have named him houdini because he hides out in the aspens where we hunt and next thing he is in the sagebrush. he has some great dissappearing tricks

or

http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w37/keenansnyder/Houdini/?action=view?t=Houdini.mp4

Awesome buck!! Love the huge prongs. Find the sheaths and pick them up and measure them? Just a thought. I am guessing he is about an 82-84" goat at the most. Here are some rough figures that I threw together.

P-7.5

Total- 83.5

"Half of being smart, is knowing what you're dumb about."

I watched the video again. I over scored him. He is not as big as I thought. I get him at 78" at the most. I would go with Eli's score over mine. Having purchased one of the PGS DVD's "Size is Everything," I know he has a lot more practice at this than I do.

"Half of being smart, is knowing what you're dumb about."

He is a pretty buck and would make a nice mount with those good cutters. However, I would have to go along with 76" to 78" at best because he lacks mass and length to break 80".

I shot one that looks so much like him it is scary in 57 this year. I watched the buck I shot for a long time totally fooled me. I got so caught up in the 7.5 prongs and the mass 7 at base I never paid enough attention to the length. He scored 76 1/8th. How he was only 13" long my screw up. I don't believe that buck will make 13.5 long otherwise real similiar.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-27-10 AT 04:03PM (MST)[p]P & Y, not B&C. He has some excellent paddles, probably pushing 7, but the mass at the base is average, length i'm guessing 13.5 Mid 70's

Reducing nature's carbon footprint one bullet at a time!

Except for having some great diggers, I wouldn't burn a quality tag on him unless it was towards the end of the season. I'd say 78 tops. Needs more mass and length...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom