Score this Bighorn #2

ridgetops

Very Active Member
Would the biggest one in this video score in the 160s? This video was taken two years ago, so I'm really hoping to find this big guy. Also, would these other smaller rams that look to be 5-6 years old. Could they be in the 160s this year, now that it's two years later?

Link:

Thank, Koby

I think the best ram is the old broomed off ram. He doesnt have length, but will make up for it in mass measurements. I think he is in the 160 ball park. JB

Yup. The one behind the ear tagged ram is solid 160"-165". The other rams range 150"-ish and smaller.
Remember that rams, which are 5 or 6 years old, will only add and inch or two in length per year but since it comes from the base it'll add more mass also. A 150" ram usually will NOT be a 160" ram the following year.
Good luck with your quest!
Zeke

Thanks guys. I'll be thrilled if I can take a 160" class "California" with my muzzleloader. It is getting exciting as fall gets closer.

Thanks again for your input, Koby

oldkoot et al;

Sheep fever is a blood disorder that has no cure. Once in your blood you have it for life!
After 3 decades of chasing sheep I can attest to the fact that it only gets worse!!!!!!!!!

Just today I was planning out how many years before my son will draw a Rocky and a Desert tag. He'll have both in a few short years (prob desert next yr).

My daughter already has a Desert from last year and has a Dall hunt for next year.

My wife thinks that I've hunted enough sheep (wrong) but when I hunt sheep with our kids it becomes acceptable to her! Haha.

Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom