Score this Bad Boy

ElkSniper

Very Active Member
Here is a big buck that was on one of the Ranches that we hunted lasy year. Too bad we had doe tags. But this year my uncle drew a MI antelope buck tag and will be hunting this ranch. Hopefully he is still alive and if he is we have a pretty good Idea where he is at.

Here are a few pics of this bad boy.
What do you guys think he scores?

69202011_doe_hunt_052.jpg

67372011_doe_hunt_055.jpg

7562011_doe_hunt_056.jpg

78492011_doe_hunt_058.jpg

3332011_doe_hunt_059.jpg

91832011_doe_hunt_062.jpg

Sorry not the best pics.

He does have the lenght. From the photos cannot tell on the mass or the cutters. They do not look to be outragous. My guess is that he will push just over that magical 80" mark. However, photos may not do him justice. Very nice looking buck and I would not hasitate putting the hammer down on him.

Pretty tough to judge from the photos.

Looks to have average mass and prongs, length 15.

I dont think he'd make 80, but I could be wrong.

Good length but his cutters are short and the mass is average. What mass he has he carries all the way through though. I'm thinking mid 15 inches with 4-5 inch cutters. Guessing 78-79 inches but not 80... Keep an eye on him and come back later on in the hunt if you find nothing better.

Now since this was last years buck he may have added some mass and cutter length. I'd be looking for him thats for sure 2-3 inches will take this buck a long ways.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

I think he is a bit longer than 15 but avererage mass and below average cutters...might green gross 78-79ish with a tight tape

Thanks guys! I know this buck is no Super Buck but copmared to the majority of the bucks on this ranch he really stands out and is a very respectable buck for anyone. I would love for my uncle to harvest this buck or one like it. This is his first antelope hunt even though he has hunted elk and deer all of his life. He even harvested a NM oryx. Hopefully this buck made it through and maybe he grew a bit more.
The hunt is July 28th

Thanks again guys!

I would guess upper 70's as well- 76-77". The one thing this goat has going for him is that his prongs are high. If you are lucky you might be able to get three mass measurements below the prong which would help his score tremendously.

I don't think there is any other quality
so essential to success of any kind as the
quality of perseverance. It overcomes
almost everything, even nature.
-John D. Rockefeller

The main difficulty is the mass. I think he will hit 80 just my opion. He has good length and hook, but mass is the big question. Mass and length will distort the prong length. I think he hits 80" kill him and let us know. What state by the way? Ear length is important. JB

he is nice!!If he is mid 70's..the one I am after is low 70's//\\Good luck getting him!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom