Score this Antelope

A

ADDICT

Ive posted this video before but never got any feedback. This buck was #1 on the list last year in WY and I totally blew it at 45 yds.

Any feedbacks on score, dimensions, etc?

I guessed him at 15.5-16" long Great mass. I put him at 84" gross.

Lets hear what the experts say:

I'm not an expert, and that video is not the greatest as far as scoring him. He has good mass I think, but average prongs. May get more length on the mains than your estimate. I'm going to guess in the 79-81 range.

Not the best video for a great guess, but I would say he has good mass, but nothing extraordinary on length or prongs. I'll go with the previous post and say he may not break 80".

Really??? I figured 15-16 He hooks all the way straight down. Hes one of the heaviest bucks Ive ever seen. The buck I ended up killing looked lower-scoring than him.

Thanks for the feedback.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-18-11 AT 11:56AM (MST)[p]
As was mentioned, the video is blurry and not really up to more than a guess, rather than seeing him from a couple clear views. He may be better than we think and I know I would shoot him just from the video you posted.
Take a look at this buck and tell me what you think he scores and if he's better or smaller than the one you are asking about. I scored him as best I could according to B&C rules and I'm sure I'm less than an 1" off.

9156lm_015.jpg

532ndwyoming_2009_031.jpg

Good front mass. Similar hook to him--Im saying hes 15 long or just under and grosses 80.

That's about what I thought you would say! He's right at 14 1/2", but only made 76" net with less than 1" in deducts! I could care less because I'm awful proud of him and he's a trophy goat in my book! Of over 100 animals I've taken it's the only animal I've ever put a tape to just for the heck of it after seeing all the guesses on these threads since I joined the site late last year.

I think most people are guessing low. The mass on that buck appears to be far better than average and mass is the most important measurement for antelope.

Thanks flint! I swear hes 15" mass-wise below the prong. 7.5" above. With 15" lengths and 4" cutters puts him low 80s.

Oh well. Ill never know!

Then hes over 80 because length-wise theyre comparable but the video buck has a lot more mass.

I see what you're saying now. I tried to stop the video a couple times as he turned his head to the left and was able to get a much better look. He does have better mass like you 're saying and I now think he will go into the 80s with no problem!

I'm not seeing the mass everyone else is seeing. His top mass is thin to average and his bottom mass looks average. From the front and back it looks heavy, but the horns are sitting on the cores sideways, so from the side view it looks thin.

Here's my guess:

L 15
P 5
B 6-6/8
F 6-6/8
S 3-6/8
T 2-5/8

79-6/8

www.PronghornGuideService.com

Eli has spoken! I dont feel so bad any more shooting the buck with the better cutters!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom