Score please

NVBighorn

Long Time Member
What do all you antelope experts think of this buck? I have never felt like I could judge antelope. He's not real tall but he does have nice prongs. They just come off kind of low. A guess on any measurement would be helpful.

46d5e6255014742c.jpg

The last half of the prong is extra blurry. Nice goat. Need better pictures.

I have an antelope mounted in the den. I told my wife they have 12" ears. She believes it, that's all that matters!

Those are excellent prongs. You better tip him over if you get the chance!

Eel

LMAO @ eelgrass....Thats a nice buck either way and would be hard to let walk...

I put him at 78-79 but hopefully you get a few more responses I am no expert. The only way I know how to field judge Antelope is to hunt until I see one that is a whole bunch bigger than the rest of the ones I have seen and then who ever has the tag shoots that one. It tends to work out but although close I have never been there for a book goat either. Good Luck I would put the hammer down on that guy for most areas.

Jordan

I don't think I'd go that high, cause he is week on the bottom as far as length is concerned.

But he has great prongs and decent tops.

A mature AZ buck's ears are about 6 1/4 inches long. I look for the bottom of the prongs to be ABOVE the tops of his ears. Then with good tops, they score well.

Just my 02 cents

Don

I agree with DonMartin. Push those prongs up higher add a touch of mass and you got yourself the ideal antelope. I guess he scores low to maybe mid 70's. Definite shooter if you are asking though. I would proudly display that goat.

Nv Bighorn,
as matter a fact i do.jk I v'e chasing deer out to Jefferson and haven't had many chances. I could have arrowed a nice bull the other night though. I walked up on top one day looking for rams and didn't see any so oh well i guess. What about you?

Mostly working. Planning (and paying) for this wedding on the 15th. Start brain washing your daughter now. No big wedding! Just write her a check.

What's up with your Dad's elk hunt?

I haven't heard anything since Monday, but i'll taking the kids back deer hunting Saturday and then were going to move camp to Ely on Sunday and see if we can help, and then i'm going back the next weekend and stay till the end of the season or he kills one.

I'm with Eli. The bases are big, prongs big.

Eli, saw your Dad and group at the Pizza place in Springer last Saturday night. Lots of red faces (Sunburn). We took an 88 the next day.

Jimbo

Thanks for all the guesses. The buck is in Nevada. I don't have a tag but my wife does. Hoping to get a better look at him. Like with her sitting behind him with a big smile on her face holding his head up. Doesn't really matter what he scores. He's good enough.

Nice buck. I would say his prongs are 6 5/8 to 7 inches, considering the mass below and above his prong. His prong is looks low on the picture. Not sure if you would get two measurements below the prong. Eli is an expert I would trust. Good luck. Let us know.

An 88?! Nice job Jim, those are tough to come by in that part of the state. Do you have any pictures of it? I'd love to see it! We saw a couple that would push the 87+ mark - I wonder if either of them were the buck you guys took?

Eli-Do you have any pictures of it?
Several-Shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] and I will ship it back. I don't want it on the web just yet. I was just down at the Sportmans Warehouse here in Alb and saw a pic of monster. Looked like in the top 80's and maybe.........

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom