Score Eel's buck

overton

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Jun-28-08 AT 06:26PM (MST)[p]My good friend Eel asked me to post this photo of his first buck. Although he shot this buck 116 years ago this coming august 15th, he wants to know the score.
My guess is 17 5/8" but I'm known to over score them.

Ransom

486696f159b38dae.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jun-28-08 AT 03:46PM (MST)[p]Oh if that isn't a photo shop job if I've ever seen one! I mean, come on! I guess I can buy that that buck was shot that long ago and maybe even by Eel - even the color touch-up is halfway plausible, but that boy in the photo is wearing clothes that are WAY too up up to date! Why a child of that age would not have been wearing that back in Eel's childhood! Where are the nickers and the frock? Come on Eel - you may be able to fool some of the tourists around here but I live here! If that picture were actually of you, that would make you say 93 - tops!

What are you thinking - trying to pull a Darner on us or something? How many yard sales did it take you?

Ransom - shouldn't you be ashamed just a little that you fell for the ruse?

That bruiser scores a whopping 13 9/8.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

I dont know but its got good ones and mass too.

Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

Yep! 1892 was the year.

This is the second buck I killed. 1964. A 72 year dry spell.
Five shots later and the buck was mine. My dad, who was hunting the next ridge over said it sounded like WWII. That was the year my dad almost went to jail for assult on a game warden.

I make sure every buck I kill is bigger than the last. So I haven't killed one since. Go big or go home, I always say. I go home a lot!

Eel

4866d63a47e32753.jpg

This is a photo of my goose hunting partner Deadred707. I think we could have killed some birds that day if I could have talked him into setting out the decoys.

4866e1ad0db64137.jpg

Hmmmm... That buck looks strangely familar.. I'd almost swear that was one of my better bucks.. Maybe Roy is on to something with the photo shop theory.. I'm a little suspicious of Eel now.

Jim

OK! I tried to be nice. But after the continued attacks and put downs and comparisons to Kirt Darner, I can only conclude that there are a bunch of jealous "hunters" (and I use that term loosly) on this site.

Therefore, I have decided to pull all of my trophies from the Boone & Crockett Records Book. I don't need the harrassment.

My wife and I will be looking for a small ranch, possibly in NM where we can settle down and maybe raise a few elk, and guide a cow elk hunter or two now and then.

Bye Bye!
Eel

Hay Hay Hay... that was after the hunt was over LOL, like it ever got started.

4867cd380bff22ae.jpg

Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

i got a buddy named clark who can nail them dead on the money no matter what he just called me and said that trophy is all of 214 6/8 + or - a sixteenth ;-)

Bury me in the hills so i can fertilize the grass and grow bigger animals for the rest of ya

He never fails me eel he put me on a bull last year that would have went 558 3/8 guaranteed he said couldn close the deal cause he had to much horn to shoot thru but i know it was the truth ;-)

Bury me in the hills so i can fertilize the grass and grow bigger animals for the rest of ya

ADMIT IT eel!!!

YOU'VE BEEN PISSCUTTIN AGAIN!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

>This is a photo of my
>goose hunting partner Deadred707. I
>think we could have killed
>some birds that day if
>I could have talked him
>into setting out the decoys.
>
>
>
4866e1ad0db64137.jpg

Say... Aren't those "slow movin' elk" in the background in that photo of Deadred707? It looks like they fed right up behind him and he has not seen them yet.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-30-08 AT 12:11PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-30-08 AT 12:09?PM (MST)

I have been accused of being jealous a time or two but I don't know if I'll put up with it by the likes of you! I only call them like I see them!

Oh yea you are a real tough guy hiding behind your computer and your photo shop! OOOOHHHH Look out for Eel - the big tough spike killer! OHHHHH watch out or he may post funny pictures of you on another thread!

Yeah - you make me quake in my boots all right! Maybe we should set a date and time to meet and settle this like 5th graders!

FLAGPOLE! (the one by the turtle pond - not in front of the school - don't want to get caught by the principal - if you DARE)

3PM! (Yes I know it is hot then, it will make the fight go quicker)

JULY 4TH! (We'll put on a real fireworks display!)

Bring your lunch and your friends' too because I will be hungry and so will Jenn! Yeah that's right - she's coming too! How do you like them apples? You mess with one of us you mess with us all!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

NO DEAL Roy!!!! That is sooooo like you! Always talkin' tough as long as Jenn is there to protect you. I might have been born at night, but it wasn't last night! Everyone knows not to mess with TTK! Nice try though!

And by the way, not only do I hate jealous hunters, I also hate phoney hunters. That's right, PHONEY hunters! Guys who brag about drawing certain coveted tags and then keep everyone in suspense about the hunt. The hunt they probably didn't even GO ON! You know exactly who I'm talking about...... Roy!

I doubt if you would meet me by the turtle pond, Roy. You know why? Because I think you are afraid of turtles! Even little sister can't protect you from that! HAHA!!!

You're so transparent Roy.

Eel

Update.

Eel set out his trailcam he bought used from Utah last year.
This is this years buck he has spotted and will take if possible.

Ransom

4869820a6d8a9ea1.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom