Scope?

legacy

Very Active Member
Well, I need help making a decision. I'm trying to decide what scope to put on my .22-250. I don't have a big budget, but could spend upwards of $450 (but would like to spend less). I've looked at VXII's (all of my scopes are Leopold), but have also looked at Nikon and Bushnell (I've never purchased a Nikon or higher end Bushnell). This gun will be used for coyotes. Anyone have any recommendations for a budget scope for this set-up? Anyone been using a Vortex?

For yotes, you might need a lower power in case he shows up at 20 yards when calling. A 3-9 variable would work well and are usually less expensive than the 4.5-14 variables.

I would recommend the 3-9 Zeiss Conquest as the optics are sharper than the Leupolds. You can get the Rapid Z 600 reticle, but then you would be pushing $500

At 350 bucks, you might consider the Leupold VX-II 3-9x40 with the LR plex reticle.

For yotes on the run, i would stay away from a fine reticle or the varmint reticle as they are harder to see when scanning or in dim light.

I think you talked me into it! I think I will go with a Leupold VXII, 4-12 with the LR Duplex. I found one on Ebay brand new for $399.99! Cabelas has it for $459.99. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! I'll just stick with my trusty Leupolds!:) Thanks for the help!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom