Scope moisture ?

D

DRHORNHUNTER

I have a swarovski ct 85 telescoping spotter. Must have got moisture in it. Dry now but left a cloudy film inside. Not sure how to dismantle it without screwing it up? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance

Most likely if you try to do anything other than box it up and send it back for repair, you will void the warrenty.
WVBOWAK

If it were mine, I'd pry it open and see what's inside. Might just be a bad seal that you can buy at any hardware store. I certainly wouldn't waste the postage sending it back to Swarovski.

>If it were mine, I'd pry
>it open and see what's
>inside. Might just be a
>bad seal that you can
>buy at any hardware store.
>I certainly wouldn't waste the
>postage sending it back to
>Swarovski.

Good one!

My swaro has no problems at all and I have had it in all kinds of wet weather. Think I'll crack it open just to se how they sealed it up so well...

>>If it were mine, I'd pry
>>it open and see what's
>>inside. Might just be a
>>bad seal that you can
>>buy at any hardware store.
>>I certainly wouldn't waste the
>>postage sending it back to
>>Swarovski.
>
>Good one!
>
>My swaro has no problems at
>all and I have had
>it in all kinds of
>wet weather. Think I'll crack
>it open just to se
>how they sealed it up
>so well...

While you have it open, put some Rain-X on the internal lenses. That way you'll never have to worry about it fogging.

More than likely the O-ring went bad and the gas (nitrogen or argon) leaked out. With the inert gas no longer inside the scope to keep out moisture, the moisture in the air that is inside the scope will condense when it gets cold. The only way to fix it is for you to send it back to the factory, let them purge the air with an inert gas, replace/fix what is faulty, and put the lens back into the scope.
WVBOWAK

Sorry guys. Not a lot of knowledge on this old of scope? My best hunting bud in the world who passed away left it to me. It's an awesome scope ,little heavy and long but that the same thing my girlfriend says lol
I Google and can't find info on this one. Will factory warranty cover something this old and not original owner?

If I were you I would just call them and tell them your problem. There is a reason there stuff is so expensive besides haveing great glass they have an even better warrenty. Even if they do make you pay anything it probably wont be that much. Like they said above once you try and fix it yourself and you will void the warrenty. I would have to think that even though its old it still has the same lifetime warrenty that all there other scopes have. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Josh

Even if you can't get them to repair it under factory warranty since you are not the orginial owner, you maybe able to get them to fix it for a nominal fee. That being said the cost maybe significantly less than buying a new Swarvo scope. Call customer service and explain the situation, maybe they will hook you up. If not then asking them how much it will cost to fix the scope and shipping and handling costs and do a price comparison between them. Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, seems like we reach a certain point in life where it seems that we loose more than that is given to us.
WVBOWAK
WVBOWAK

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom