Scope help

lostinOregon

Very Active Member
I have always hunted CO and NV muzzy and have never got to use a scope. I am leasing property in WI for whitetails and need to set up a new muzzy. Any suggestions on scopes? Also always used copper Thor bullets. Are some of the sabot type bullets more accurate? Always used blackhorn 209, any thought from guys with more experience than me. Oh, if you have a honey hole I want that too. I just wanted to fit in and conform my post to the standards.

Scope - lots of good options in the $500 to $1000 range. I’d get one known for durability - not a cheapo - muzzys can be hard on scopes. If you’re not planning to dial maybe consider one of the cheaper capped-turret Trijicons.

I wouldn’t shoot full-bore conicals unless required to. I’d go with a good 250-300 gr bullet in a sabot and a 110-120 gr charge of Bh209. Almost any decent 250+ gr bullet will kill a whitetail. With the right load and a scope you ought to expect 1 moa or so groups. Which rifle?

Blackhorn 209 is measured by volume NOT weight, 84grains of weight is a 120 gr max load by volume. 120 grains by weight will likely turn you off shooting your muzzleloader again. MAKE SURE you get the proper measurement.

Blackhorn 209 is measured by volume NOT weight, 84grains of weight is a 120 gr max load by volume. 120 grains by weight will likely turn you off shooting your muzzleloader again. MAKE SURE you get the proper measurement.
Good reminder to all the newbies out there. Yes, ALL black powder and bp subs are measured in volume.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom