SCI Arrogance!

P

Poor Boy! (Guest)

The arrogance level and amount of cash at the SCI convention is unreal. Just like so many posts before, cash is taking over the sport of hunting. Its sad that the silver haired rich Dr. fly in on their private jet, after someone else has been scouting a certain animal, hike up a hill, shoot it with a 3 thousand dollar rifle, and then have the arrogagance to call it a tough hunt, and "brag" about the score of there animal. If you think that is arrogant, try the the guys from Africa. They have got to be the most snooty, arrogant, SOB's on this planet. From someone who lives, works, and went to the convention in Reno.

I just got back from the SCI convention and I LOVED it. It was awesome!! I'm the poorest sucker on this whole website and I won't even say how I got in, but I did and it was sweet in my opinion.

There are snooty, arrogant people in every walk of life and I've just learned to ignore them and just slash their tires and key scratch stuff like "Dawg was here" in the door's of their new Hummers.

But there are also tons of good, nice genuine people out there. I thought that SCI convention had some the neatest stuff I've ever seen and I'd gladly dress up like a maintainence worker to sneak in again tomorrow or next year.

Just learn to ignore the idiots on this planet and I realize it's difficult since I'm talking about 98% of the population. But the other 2% are pretty awesome. And trust me, the 3 hours in the parking lot slashing tires and key scratching will be almost as enjoyable as the 7 hours inside wandering around the convention.

It was good stuff and I'm already plotting my entrance next year. Joining the SCI and paying to get in isn't an option. That's for the snooty arrogant types as you called them. But I'll rub shoulders with them for awhile and autograph their fancy SUV's on my way home.

Thought the convention was sweet!!! Just my opinion.

-Dawg

I'm with you Dawg!
I was there thursday,Yes the money is a little overwhelming!
I did meet AZ402 there,pretty good guy! They had some whopper bull elk there!
Hunting the big stuff (Sheep,Grizz,Africa,Asia..) Has ALWAYS been expensive,but if you REALLY want something and are willing to work your ass off for it it can be yours!
I am a perfect example of that!
Don't get discouraged Just put your nose to the grindstone and keep those dreams alive!

That was my Hummer damb it, now I'm forced to hire someone take that janitor jump suit off you & kick some dawg a$$, after that I may hire someone else to key that Datsun pick-up of yours.:eek:

Just kidding, I like your attitude Dawg.

Good Greif poor boy!! Have you not learned by now that there are snotty people everywhere? Do you golf? Tons of snots there,it depends where you go....and your attitude.It's the snotty guys who have the best tickets for anything from NASCAR,concerts, airplanes,ETC ETC. HOWEVER! not everyone with money are snots. It was cool to see the man who invented Lasic eye surgery at the SCI show. If you saw him in Wal-Mart you wouldn't even know he was a billionaire! Yes, they fly in and shoot some big animals....Boo Hoo! Have fun on your own hunts!Work on your personal net worth...then buy some premo tags for yourself!

SCI is the greatest hunting convention, period. It is the convention. The only African there I might consider arrogant would be Raoul Ramoni from Tanzania. The rest are great. Just spend some time with any of them in Africa and you'll see the world in a whole new perspective. There is definitely a lot of money walking around SCI. I don't think i've ever seen more gold-digging, trophy wives under one roof. You could retire on their jewelry alone. I got to talk to General Schwarzkoff, that was cool. I think if anyone doesn't enjoy SCI they just have some envy issues or haven't gotten more than 100 miles from home very often.

Poorboy,
What happened? Where were you working? I don't blame you, whoever had an attitude like that you should have straightened their ass out Johnny on the Spot. The arrogance I saw there wasn't from the Africans, it was from the french fags. Was this an isolated incidence or did it happen to you from more than one group? I love Africa but one place I would never hunt is Europe. When you have to wear a tweed suit to go hunting something is wrong.

Totally agree on the chicks!
They were BEGGING for guys to stare at them!SILICONE CITY!
Can you imagine going to a convention where it is 90% women with money to burn?

HEY Dawg

YOU MUST OF NOTICED MY RIG!!!

IN OTHER WORDS HOW COULD YOU MISS IT???

LOOKED KINDA OUT OF PLACE DIDN'T IT???

MY TRUCK HAS SEVERAL YEARS WORTH OF PINSTRIPING,THE Dawg KNEW I WOULDN'T NOTICE ONE MORE SO HE FINISHED STRIPING THE HUMMERS!!!

AND TO THINK,THEY WERE LAUGHING AT MY OLD WORE OUT,BEAT UP,ALMOST BROKE IN RIG!!!

I HEARD ONE OF THE RICH LADIES SAY SHE DIDN'T LIKE WHAT SHE SEEN IN THE BACK WINDOW OF THE WORST LOOKING RIG SHE'D EVER SEEN,I KNEW THEN IT WAS MY RIG SHE WAS TALKING ABOUT!!!

WHEN IT WAS ALL SAID AND DONE,I WAS THE ONLY ONE TO LEAVE THE PARKING LOT PROUDLY IN A PINSTRIPED VEHICLE!!!

THE ONLY bobcat WONDERING WHY THEY WEREN'T LAUGHING AT ME WHEN I LEFT???

Its to bad you had such a bad experience with the "Africans" I had a great time at the show. I love checking out all the trophies walking around and stuffed there is some unreal taxidermy at that convention. Had to go between rooms in a group or those SCI-PAC girls would have had me buyin all there tickets I'm just not that strong. Those SCI guys know how to sell a ticket. There are some good huntin deals to be made in there. Yea it all costs money but what doesn't. The old truck will just have to last a few more years pinstriping and all.

easy on the european hunters, I agree, most are hunters because they belong in a certain social class and its the thing to do, just like golf is with CEO?s, SCI is for the weatlhy hunters! Do Ia gree with it, not really, but that my opinion , but there are some wickedly good hunters in Europe as well, I know a lot of them and they will out hump a lot of us, yes, even in those traditioanl stupid suits (those are traditional suits they wear, usually for shows to the indivudual who never left his county, just like Irish wear kilts for shows).

P.S. I am may not be fond of many cultures, and France was on my hit list pr-war Iraq, but when I am wrong I am wrong and can admit it now, we didnt find s**t in Iraq, except a giant bill we will pay for now, compliments of Halliburton!

AHHhh BOOHOO... I'm a poor guy and Can't play with the Big DAWGS !!! Remember that SCI is a Millionair's club, Or was started that way. It branched out to the Common folk. You guys should be thanxfull you're even allowed in there !!!

Shut yer pie holes and Go clean a Toilet !!!

• [*] -Moosie
~~If you're going to walk on thin ice, Ya might as Well DANCE !!
WALK the TALK, Or shut the HECK UP !!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom