School Shooting post #2

slamdunk

This says it all so clear, Morgan hits the nail squarely on the head!

"This is what Morgan Freeman said about the randomm shootings.

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you kn
ow the name of a single victim of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem."

Wouldn't Morgan Freeman making this public statement be something of an antithesis of his whole statement?
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Children:

Charlotte Bacon, 6
Daniel Barden, 7
Olivia Engel, 6
Josephine Gay, 7
Ana M. Marquez-Greene, 6
Dylan Hockley, 6
Madeleine F. Hsu, 6
Catherine V. Hubbard, 6
Chase Kowalski, 7
Jesse Lewis, 6
James Mattioli, 6
Grace McDonnell, 7
Emilie Parker, 6
Jack Pinto, 6
Noah Pozner, 6
Caroline Previdi, 6
Jessica Rekos, 6
Aviele Richman, 6
Benjamin Wheeler, 6
Allison N. Wyatt, 6
Adults:

Dawn Hochsprung, 47
Rachel Davino, 29
Anne Marie Murphy, 52
Lauren Rousseau, 30
Mary Sherlach, 56
Victoria Soto, 27

>Wouldn't Morgan Freeman making this public
>statement be something of an
>antithesis of his whole statement?
>
>
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

He does mention the names of two of the most nortorious killers, but mentions no names of any victum. You might be right 1911.

Eel

>>Wouldn't Morgan Freeman making this public
>>statement be something of an
>>antithesis of his whole statement?
>>
>>
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

>
>He does mention the names of
>two of the most nortorious
>killers, but mentions no names
>of any victum. You might
>be right 1911.
>
>Eel

Although i see the point made by 1911, i seriously doubt his intentions are to go along with the media by only mentioning the names of the shooter......that kinda defeats the purpose of the statement.
What Freeman is saying makes perfect sense though......these sickos are "nothing" until they do something so horrific that they make headlines around the world.

i pulled this off" Things liberals hate? FB page

Quote" If teachers were carrying guns, there wouldn't be school shootings here but in america many teachers are part of the liberal problem,. These sick cowards go where they know there will be defenseless people. Schools, Movie theaters. Since Israel armed their teachers in the 70's, school shootings are virtually non-existent. Now the evil people just strap on bombs over there and blow up people; so that tells me that evil will find a way to inflict its sick acts upon its targets when it desires.

When are we going to wake up in this country and change our views on how we are allowed to protect ourselves from sick people? Taking guns away from people and not allowing them to protect themselves is criminal. And if people think that banning guns will suddenly cure the problem, I would like to point out that drugs are illegal, but people can readily obtain them. I bet the parents of those dead kids sure wished the janitor, the principal, or a teacher were armed; they're kid may still be alive. And exactly what IS an assault weapon anyway? Anything can be considered an assault weapon. It takes human intervention to make an inanimate object become evil. People control, my friends is the answer; not gun control. ~ Mercury

4296israeli_school.jpg

It'll be a sad day when our teachers jobs will be to protect the lives of our children with firearms in each and every teachers desk.........but i'm all for it!!
I'm sure a gunman would think twice before walking into a school with a gun if there was 25 or so others in there trained to retaliate if the need ever arose! And if he still was bold enough to go for it, there definitely would be less lives wasted.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-15-12 AT 08:35PM (MST)[p]I couldn't agree more guys.. but let's take it one step further. If a kid say 7 or 8 demonstrates skills with a firearm I say let them pack heat. It sure as hell would put an end to bullies.

Would you really want your child going to school knowing the janitor was packing a f'n uzzie?

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

>LAST EDITED ON Dec-15-12
>AT 08:35?PM (MST)

>
>I couldn't agree more guys.. but
>let's take it one step
>further. If a kid say
>7 or 8 demonstrates skills
>with a firearm I say
>let them pack heat. It
>sure as hell would put
>an end to bullies.
>
>Would you really want your child
>going to school knowing the
>janitor was packing a f'n
>uzzie?
>
>
>
>Slick
>
>
>"The Road goes on forever &
>the Party never Ends"

Would not bother me at all, assuming that janitor had the proper level of training.

Well Slick....right now the only ones packing guns at school are the ones killing our kids. That doesn't seem to be working out too well.

Eel

"only ones packing guns at school are the ones killing our kids."

Respectfully disagree Eel. No one is packing guns in our schools. Sick people target our children with guns. All I'm saying is maybe if these monsters didn't have access to high capacity weapons some of these children might have had a chance.. maybe if he had to re-load after 3 shots somebody would have had a chance.

Christ.. why do we even have to debate this issue? I'm just heart sick just like the rest of the country.

Slick

I'm heart sick too. I also understand what you're saying and I know you absolutely mean well.

If he only had 3 rounds and used them, then pulled out another one with 3 rounds, then reloaded another clip......then what?

When was the last time one of these sickos went to a gun range and started killing? They're not that sick.

I just want to give our kids a chance. When all you can do is scream and beg and pray, you're playing right into his hand.

Eel

LAST EDITED ON Dec-15-12 AT 11:32PM (MST)[p]
those guns are illegal in CT and NJ..next

Rus.It isnt about the poor kids in CT or anywhere else, its about the liberal agenda..Never let a good catastrophe go to waste.

Freeman is spot on.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both. ... Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Ben Franklin

But what did he know..so out of date..right?

>"only ones packing guns at school
>are the ones killing our
>kids."
>
>Respectfully disagree Eel. No one is
>packing guns in our schools.
>Sick people target our children
>with guns. All I'm saying
>is maybe if these monsters
>didn't have access to high
>capacity weapons some of these
>children might have had a
>chance.. maybe if he had
>to re-load after 3 shots
>somebody would have had a
>chance.
>
>Christ.. why do we even have
>to debate this issue? I'm
>just heart sick just like
>the rest of the country.
>
>
>Slick
>"The Road goes on forever &
>the Party never Ends"

So RUS?

You're gonna let em take part of you American Rights?

You let em take anything,They'll take it all!

It's a Sad a Deal as anybody can Imagine!

But thinking that You'll stop it by letting them take Our 'High Capacity Magazines' as you call it is Plum Rediculous!

If I had Listened!
I wouldn't be here today Living & Dieing with the Choices I've made!

My wife and I were talking tonight and she said something that really got me thinking. She said if we were divorced and she lived alone, like this jackasses mother, she would definately have a gun. But it wouldn't be an AR. I got to thinking about that and she's right. Is it just us or does anybody else think that this woman owning 2 handguns and an AR is odd. Maybe there was a little mental illness handed down from mother to son? Something to think about. While I don't see it feesable, I think every school, from grade school through high school, should have armed security officers. I'm not for banning guns of any kind, but I do think there should be stricter screening policies in place. Not sure how much that would help either but it may weed out a few of the wackos.

It's always an adventure!!!

NO.....Its just you.

Do you not believe that there are single women in this country who shoot these things for fun, competition, or just plain recreation?

Our gun club has MANY lady shooters, whose skills and attitude levels are awesome! They compete with "race gun" modified handguns, AR style black rifles and hi capacity shotguns......and hunt their butts off in appropriate seasons. Several have concealed carry permits.

Thugs, neer-do-wells and idiots will be shocked, if they attempt evil deeds around many we have here!

My bet is, under pressure, several of these gals won't be squealing and running for cover.

I bet there are similar ladies around where you live and I doubt you would want to call them "odd", face to face.

"I could agree with you, but then we would both be
wrong......and stupid"

I think as Americans We can Own any Gun/Guns we want to as long as they're Legal Weapons!

It don't matter!

These Wacko's will find their Weapons of choice elsewhere if they need to!

Once again,you give em an Inch,they'll take it all!

Still wondering if RUS was drinkin a few Totti's last night?

It's too bad there wasn't a Teacher/Person there Packin Heat that coulda X'ed him Prior to his Rampage!

If I had Listened!
I wouldn't be here today Living & Dieing with the Choices I've made!

>My wife and I were talking
>tonight and she said something
>that really got me thinking.
> She said if we
>were divorced and she lived
>alone, like this jackasses mother,
>she would definately have a
>gun. But it wouldn't be
>an AR. I got
>to thinking about that and
>she's right. Is it
>just us or does anybody
>else think that this woman
>owning 2 handguns and an
>AR is odd. Maybe
>there was a little mental
>illness handed down from mother
>to son? Something to
>think about. While I
>don't see it feesable, I
>think every school, from grade
>school through high school, should
>have armed security officers.
>I'm not for banning guns
>of any kind, but I
>do think there should be
>stricter screening policies in place.
> Not sure how much
>that would help either but
>it may weed out a
>few of the wackos.
>
>It's always an adventure!!!

Why do you link mental illness with a woman living alone who owns two handguns and an AR?

I hate to say this folks but this type of evil will never be controlled. It's so random and so unthinkable how does any reasonable person stop evil? Who would hve ever thought they would live to see someone do something so evil. This is Satans work.

Maybe we should allow prayer in our schools??? Maybe there is a force greater then ours that can protect our children??

God will protect us all if you choose to let him.

I'm not preaching I truley believe this.

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

1st off, thanks to nvhunter for posting the names of the victims. May they all live on forever in our memories.

2nd, I completely agree with the point that Morgan Freeman is making.

The point about drugs being illegal and yet rampant is an excellent comparison to gun laws.

Criminals WILL have whatever they want. Laws mean nothing to them.

Horrible acts of violence by disturbed individulas or groups of individuals have always and will always happen.

Let's say that the government comes and takes away ALL firearms from every US citizen.

Now let's say that this wacko has decided he wants to go and kill as many people as he can at a school, but he does not have access to firearms of any type.
What method or tool do you think this wacko would use to complete his task? How about a bomb? If he had made a big enough bomb he may be able to take out the entire school killing hundreds. How about a large vehicle like a truck and trailer? How many people could this wacko kill if he drove it into the building at a high speed or into a large crowd of people?

Gun laws will not stop this type of act from happening again. Period.

There is only one possible solution to prevent this from ever happening again and that is to bring God back into the schools and allow teachers and children to pray whenever and wherever they so choose.

This literally made me sick. Shed tears and prayed for the victims and families throughout my workout after hearing of this that morning. This violence will not stop until We The Sheeple get involved and take a stand. The best training the state ever sent me to was put on by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman. He warned that this would happen and continue to happen in this country as the majority of our population consists of sheep that cannot deal with or even comprehend violence and reality. The Sheepdogs can not protect the sheep as there are far too few Sheepdogs and far too many wolves running wild. The Sheepdogs hands are tied by rules and regulations that make them a reactionary force instead of a proactive/preventative one. WE NEED TO HAVE LOCAL TEAMS OF TRAINED VOLUNTEERS CONSISTING OF CIVILIANS, LEO'S AND VETS FORMED INTO COMMUNITY EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAMS (CERT). Every school in this country should have one of these teams assigned to it. There should be no less than two of the team members on duty at the school anytime school is in. Sound crazy? If you say yes, well then I believe it is you that is crazy. THIS IS A PROVEN MODEL THAT HAS BEEN IN EFFECT FOR YEARS IN A COUNTRY THAT IS VICTIMIZED BY TERRORISTS ACTS ON A REGULAR BASIS. I do realize this will most likely never come to be in the United States as the SHEEPLE will cry Baa!, having armed team members on campuses might intimidate or damage the developing brains of our children that would be exposed to the presence of the armed team members that are there to protect them. Yet these same SHEEPLE think nothing of letting these same children who's brains are still developing come home after school and spend hours playing violent, interactive video games where bonus points are given for "head shots" and killing "cops". The SHEEPLE of this country have no idea of the desensitizing effect this has on our children. The military and LE has known the benefit of utilizing training of this nature for many years and started utilizing it shortly after WWII by shooting at silhouette targets and 3D human targets instead of bullseye targets. This got the shooter accustomed to shooting another human. Since the computer generated/ interactive training age the military and LE agencies have used this type of interactive training extensively. The result has been a significant increase in hits vs shots taken. For most of us the thought of taking another human life is unthinkable, and it should be as that is how we are wired if we are normal. The viewing and playing of violent interactive games messes this wiring up. The human brain is not fully developed until we are in our twenties, so don't think that these "games" do not have a negative affect on our youth. For those who doubt what I say, please take the time to do a little research for yourself before you slam me. As far as gun control, thats a joke. Take every gun in this country, de-mill it and in a week anyone who wants one will have one. Drugs are illegal, hows that working? It's illegal to murder, steal, rape, etc...Hows that working. Our society has gone to crap. The government and media has forced God out of our lives as best it can, how's that working?

Norkal

"INVEST IN LEAD FOR THE TIMES AHEAD!"

I'v been reading all the posts on this thread just like the other one. There are many suggestions that I am reading, some I personally agree with, some I don't. There is no simple solution when the topic is preventing evil. It doesn't matter if you are religious or not there IS good and evil in this world. I agree that gun laws, or any law for that matter will never stop evil. Evil will find a way, it always does. Tim Mcvaey didn't need a gun. Wouldn't this be a wonderful place if we could end all evil by getting rid of guns. I would be first in line with all mine if there were the slightest chance it would work, But it wont. I dont feel limiting capacities would be any more effective. As for some of the other comments i'v read. I do think our young are desensitized with video games and movies. Do I think this causes them to become killers, no. I do agree with those that have said we need to put god back into our kids lives and our schools. If you are offended by this, I feel sorry for you, But i'll not take it back. I will not debate it with you, as I see you as part of the problem. I also agree that the only way to defeat evil is to fight it, not take away one of its tools or limit its tools. It sounds so stupid when its said that way. But that is all gun control or ammo caps are doing, just limiting the tools of evil NOT stopping it, holy crap this is long if you read all this more power to ya. nuff said

Excellent post Stonefly, and i totally agree about the video games these days desensitizing our kids. This may or may not play a part in any of this but teaching kids how to shoot and kill cops is just sickening!!

I prolly shouldn't waste key strokes posting cause it seems most of them will get nuked anyway.. but here goes.. we are all on the same page with our grief. God bless these little souls and their families also the people that had to clean up the mess. I can't even imagine.

Slick

I agree with what the OP is saying. Quit focusing on the criminals and focus on those affected. Maybe it will hurt your ratings as lots of people are drawn in with curiousity trying to piece together why something like this would happen.

In sports, cameras turn away when a fan rushes the field. Because they don't want to encourage fans to do it again in the future.

You would have to have some sort of mental illness/issues to commit a crime like this and most do. They watch and listen to the media and soon feel/think here is a way for my side of the story to be told.

My heart goes out to the victoms and their families.

Maybe you're right nickman. It just seemed a little odd to us. And it's not just us. I have several LE friends and they all agree that she is NOT the norm. Doesn't mean she was a criminal or did anything wrong. But she is not the normal middleaged divorcee. Of course that's pure speculation on my part so maybe I'm in the wrong.

And feddoc, I've spent the last 18 years around mental illness and this scenario stinks to high heaven of mental illness.

By your standards then, Kim Rhode, multiple time Olympic Medalist, is NOT mentally healthy?........or odd at the very least?

It has just been announced that she is having a son soon. Do we automatically place him on a "watch" list?

Your position may be more frightening than many in the anti-gun community.

"I could agree with you, but then we would both be
wrong......and stupid"

LAST EDITED ON Dec-19-12 AT 02:25AM (MST)[p]OK nickman. My battle is NOT with the assault rifle or any weapon for that matter. My issue is that this is NOT normal behavior on the part of this broken family. Now that new evidence is coming out you are going to tell me that a single mom with a son with psychiatric problems that has not only one AR and a couple of handguns, but 4 total assault weapons that are just laying around the house is normal? Does that not seam a little odd to you?

I get your point nickman but you don't have to start with the personal attacks. It's just an oppinion. I own an AR15 and an AR10. I also own several handguns along with many hunting and competition rifles. I don't just "dabble" in guns. I get that our gun rights are more under attack than ever before now, but society better step it up and learn to identify problems because if we don't, these types of incidents will continue to haunt our society. Also, how old are the people commiting these crimes? Most if not all are in their 20's. Is there something in society that we are missing or is this just the start of the violent video game era starting to reveal its ugly head?

>Maybe you're right nickman. It
>just seemed a little odd
>to us. And it's
>not just us. I
>have several LE friends and
>they all agree that she
>is NOT the norm.
>Doesn't mean she was a
>criminal or did anything wrong.
> But she is not
>the normal middleaged divorcee.
>Of course that's pure speculation
>on my part so maybe
>I'm in the wrong.
>
>And feddoc, I've spent the last
>18 years around mental illness
>and this scenario stinks to
>high heaven of mental illness.
>
>
>
>It's always an adventure!!!

What makes it 'stink to high heaven' of mental illness?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom