Scent Control

T

Twolfer

I was just wondering what you guys have found that work good to cover your scent? I tried looking in the archives but couldn't turn anything up. I know there all kinds of products out there, some probably work others just a fancy bottle. Any help would be great. I have a ML Wasatch tag I'm getting ready for. I have never worried much about scent, just figured to keep the wind in my face. I have seen some of the products at Cabelas at wondered if it is worth the money. Thanks

I mostly do archery, so I need to ensure strict scent control at all times. My favorite products for scent control are from Hed-Wnd Alwayz(TM)...the full product line, a spin-off of the old Upwnd Blowz Co.

When that don't work, I just go rifle hunting.

Wool, Wool, Wool, and Wind. If you are up wind, they will smell you. They will smell your body, and your breath.

Moccasin Joe! I have been using this stuff for 30 years or so. It is a oil base and stays on for a long time and washes out easy. I put my clothes in a plastic bag with this stuff a week before my hunt. And apply it when needed in the field. I have used other stuff and after a week in the bag I open it up and the smell was faint at best. Not Moccasin Joe I will not use nothing else! I like Sage and Pine the best. I have had elk walk with in 20 yards of me with hunter orange on before! Using this stuff!! Here is a web site and I bought my last stuff at Cal Ranch and sportsman warehouse.

http://moccasinjoedist.com/store/

I've used different things over the years. Now I just watch the wind. Occasionally, notwithstanding all efforts, it will swirl and betray you, but that is hunting...

The best scent control is free......use your head and stay down wind. Purchased Scent control is for gear whores.......LOL!

Obviously not letting them smell you is best by remaining downwind, but we all know that is near impossible to do "all" the time.

This year, I bought a blender at the DI, got some sage and grinded it up. It released some powerful odor.....good odor for the hills. Them rubbed it into our clothes, put all our clothes in plastic bag with more sage. Obviously it doesn't eliminate the human odor, but I think it helps cover it a bunch. I don't believe anything can cover the human odor completely.

We made sure not to spend too much time in those clothes. We arrived at the trailhead and only then did they come out of the bag, and right back in after the hunt.

Neither of us killed anything so.........take it for what it's worth. But I don't think I was ever smelled.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
Will you LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook! I need a friend....

>Obviously not letting them smell you
>is best by remaining downwind,
>but we all know that
>is near impossible to do
>"all" the time.
>
>This year, I bought a blender
>at the DI, got some
>sage and grinded it up.
>It released some powerful odor.....good
>odor for the hills. Them
>rubbed it into our clothes,
>put all our clothes in
>plastic bag with more sage.
>Obviously it doesn't eliminate the
>human odor, but I think
>it helps cover it a
>bunch. I don't believe anything
>can cover the human odor
>completely.
>
>We made sure not to spend
>too much time in those
>clothes. We arrived at the
>trailhead and only then did
>they come out of the
>bag, and right back in
>after the hunt.
>
>Neither of us killed anything so.........take
>it for what it's worth.
>But I don't think I
>was ever smelled.
>
>Brian Latturner
>MonsterMuleys.com
>Will you LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook!
>I need a friend....

I used to do the sage thing too. Intill I found A tick on me after I rubbed some on my clothes. But the blender idea sounds like that would take care of ticks. I think I will give it a try.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom