Scars. Got any good ones?

Feleno

Long Time Member
got any good ones? describe em and how you got them. Pictures would be a bonus.
I got an ugly one about 3 inches long on the top of my hand/wrist made by a coyote pup that bit me and I tried to jerk my hand out of his mouth. got a 30 stitcher on the top of my head from a motorcycle accident. Fond memories!

hmm I have one that goes around the tip of my index finger. I basically filleted it when I was in 4th grade almost off just hanging by a piece of skin.

Scar on the back of my leg from rusty barb wire. I didn't even feel this one. Was laying a new fence and cleaning up old rusty barb wire suddenly felt something cool and wet running down my leg and had a gash all the way across my calf.

my 2 biggest are from an ankle surgery and a back surgery but those don't really count.

Growing up I was a regular in the ER. infact the commented at one time that if they didn't know my parents (dad is a dr) they would have called the cops to investigate child abuse.

I have some dumb ones.

One in the center of my right hand where my younger brother shot me with a bow and arrow when we were kids. The dumb part is I was standing behind the bow target making faces trying to distract him while he was shooting. My hand was just inches away from my face!
Dad put the bows up for a long time when that happened :'(

Had stitches twice in school in my forehead for running into doors not looking where I was going. Once in the 6th grade and once in the 9th grade.

In the 9th grade I was racing some buddies to the cafeteria at lunch time and turned to see how far ahead of them I was and BAM! A big steel door knocked me flat on my arse! The next thing I remember when I came back to my senses was the school principal saying "son, are you a freshmen?"

nnl.gif

GO HEELS!

Age 10: 6" horizontal cut in the front pelvic area from kidney/bladder surgery. I also have an extra belly button from that one.

Age 13: Fell out of a pinon pine with an open pocket knife in my right hand. The blade closed on the first 1-1/2" of my right index finger. Didn't chop it off....but damn close.

Age 19: Bit in the face by a GIANT TOY POODLE.(about a 4 pounder)
Grabbed onto my nose and slid off when I stood up.

Age 21: Carpal Tunnel surgeries on both hands. (no comment)

Age 41: Currently married...Testicles detatched and stored in wife's purse.

Sorry...no pics available

Bigfly

495e731531222959.jpg

First one was when I was about 7 or 8, tripped running up a wooden stairs and fell and bit through my tongue, talk about blood, barely hanging on by the sides.
2nd one was in Vietnam and when they went to give me the shots to numb the left big toe, had an ingrown toe nail, the pain was so bad..I hate needles...I kicked the Dr. and broke the needle off in the toe. When they were finished, told me to get up and sit across the room....got up and started for the chair, that is all I remember. Came too with a cut under the chin from hiting the concrete floor after passing out.
3rd one was 20 years ago for a Hernia on the right side.

Brian

Ive got a pretty good one from when i was about 8, Melting lead tire weights for fishin' sinkers. Buddys brother bumped the chair the pot was on and got the molten contents down my shoe..... for some reason i took of runnin, but it was commented the pool was in the other direction.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -- Abraham Lincoln

LAST EDITED ON Jan-22-09 AT 10:34AM (MST)[p]Seriously, I have a long one(scar). I was climbing a fence when I was 10 or so and when I got to the top I slipped. The tip of the chain link stuck into my thigh right below my butt. At the shock, I let go and fell backwards with the metal points sunk into my leg pretty deep. As I fell the fence zipped my leg open like a guthook, leaving a gash from butt to ankle on my leg. The scar has disappeared in some spots, but still has some thick spots too. It was not fun..........

-----------------------------------------------
http://andymansavage.blogspot.com/

Good thread! I have a bunch, in fact, my brother and I were comparing scars last year and it turned in to a one-up contest and laugh session. I think I won because of #4 below. Here are some of the stand outs:

#1 - Big scar on my right thumb - in 9th grade was cleaning after woood shop and someone had left a router plugged in. Well it wasn't in the jig either, just sitting on the shelf so I went to pick it up and hit the switch on accident. Anyway, the router came to life in my hand, I couldn't hold on to it and it bit me before I could get it unplugged. The vibration was so intense that I didn't notice I was cut until I saw the blood on the outlet when I unplugged it. 15 stitches.

#2 - Various burn scars on my hands and arms from multiple close encounters with wood stoves from when I was a kid, hot grills and dishwashers from when I worked in a restaurant. No stitches.

#3 - 4 inch long scar on my right leg from trying to ride my bike into a 8 ft deep hole on the side of the road. They were fixing a leak in the water pipes or something and I found out quick that an 8 ft drop is a long way.

#4 - Easter Sunday 1986 (or so). Triple K, our younger brother and myself were big enough now to realize who the "Easter Bunny" really was but not too big to not enjoy the moment (plus we lied to mom and dad and told them younger bro still believed) so we got up really early, found our eggs and easter baskets full of candy and mom and dad went back to bed. We ate a few hardboiled eggs then becuase we had watched Rocky the night before decided to eat some raw eggs - not good and when I tried to get the two younger ones to eat them too, well a fight broke out and they ended up locking me out of the house. I went around to the back door and began knocking - which they ignored. So I started knocking harder, and then on the glass, which shattered but not before slicing the side of my wrist. Needless to say that naptime was over for mom and dad. No stitches - but I probably should have.

#5 - Various scars on fingers and knuckles, knees and legs from playing football (no surgeries)

#6 - Scar on my sc... uh never mind. But I got when I was 31 - not too long after the birth of our 3rd (and last) child!
(Guess I can relate Andyman!)

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

>I lost a lot of weight
>and now have stretch marks,
>do those count as scars?
>

I was going to add that too! (I say yes they do! - I've got a few too, but only from having bulging muscles! Yes - my abs were once THAT big! LMFAO - emphasis on the F)

UTROY

Its not a scar yet but its getting close.

4978c7966df890a7.jpg

4978c7b46ee5b6cd.jpg

They had to cram about 3 feet of 1/2" gauze strip in the hole. That was by far the worst part!

4978c7d66f9599b9.jpg

thats a nice one!

i cut the flexor tendon in my left thumb while gutting out my first elk. i just folded it down and kept guttn and went to the doctor when i got back to town and it took 2 tendon replacements to fix it.

the good one is when i crashed racing motocross and folded my left shin underneath my bike. duel compound fractures of the tib/fib just like theisman did during the football game. morphine good!!

Yep. I've got the best kind of scar. It's a big one, right across my lower abdomen..called a bikini line scar. That's where they cut me to get my babies out. All 4 of them. It's one scar I don't mind having.

I thought you were going to tell us the full story behind this at some point. Did I miss that post?

Mom and dad were NOT napping, Roy. They had gone out walking (like they did every morning for an hour) and you got locked out of the house because you were MEAN! You were a bully and you tried to kick our butts every time mom and dad left. The SECOND they'd leave it was Roy's Play Time and you tried to torture us. So...you got locked out. and you NEVER knocked. You started pounding that back window. Don't play the victim here, Roy.

I have one from top of chest to belly button, got it chasing 3 big bucks on horseback.we were in wyoming opening day right at timberline when 3 big bucks jumped out of some scrub spruce. We were on some really step ground and my horse started to pass my partners horse on the low side came to a small ditch which it tried to jump. My saddle shifted to the low side, I tried to jump out of the saddle but my foot caught in the stirrup. I extended my left arm, my partner said it sounded like hitting a watermelon with a baseball bat. Broke my shoulder 3 ribs disinigrated my spleen, spent 15 days in the Jackson Hole hospital after getting medivaked out on a Helicopter. Horse wrapped a Brown precision around a tree, but the worst part was I had a Wyoming sheep tag and didn't get too use it.

So you do admit that you locked me out - on purpose!! And I am not trying to be the victim! I admitted that I instigated the whole thing but the only reason I ever ran outside in the first place was because you were chasing me with the plunger and Grizz had the showstick! You guys went on the attack that morning!! And yes I did knock and beg little Grizzy to let me in and he smiled that famous little grin of his and wouldn't let me in so yes - then I did start banging on the glass and POP went the window! And yeah you are right - mom and dad were out walking! I got that mixed up with the time I broke their bedroom window on Easter Sunday with my brand new bat and ball. They had gone back to bed that day and Dad told me to go clear down to the bottom of the field to hit with that bat. So I did - but I caught a hold of it and bounced it right in to their window!

UTROY

I have some on my left hand I got from a rollover accident that about tore them off. I also have one on my upper lip from a pipe hit across my face when a bunch of black dudes decided I needed to be in a coma for a while. Lost a few teeth on that one.

dang guys (and TripleK) it sounds like i've faired well compared to many of you. certainly some stomach-turners out there!

I too have motorcyle accident scars along my right side including arm, hip and knee cap. I didn't go to the doctor, i just let the wounds heal. Thankfully i was wearing a helmet.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

GOT A FEW!!!

SOME FROM FIGHTS!!!

SOME FROM WORK!!!

SOME FROM HUNTING!!!

A FEW FROM DOG BITES!!!

THE BEST ONES ARE FROM HUNTING!!!

A LION HOOKED ME ONCE,NOW THAT SMARTED!!!

AND ME & MY BROTHER DECIDED BOTH OF US COULD SKIN A BUCK TWICE AS FAST AS JUST ONE OF US,I SLIPPED AND MY KNIFE WENT TOWARDS HIM,I YANKED IT BACK & BURRIED IT 6" ABOVE MY KNEE & THE TIP HIT THE BONE,YA SHOULDA BEEN STAPLED UP BUT IT WAS DEER SEASON & I WASN'T MISSING DEER SEASON OVER A 3-1/2" DEEP STAB WOUND,BLEEDING SOB,WHEN THE TIP OF THAT KNIFE HIT THE BONE IT SMARTED REAL GOOD!!!

ANOTHER TIME I WAS INSTALLING A BATTERY CABLE ON A TRUCK,THE HOLE THROUGH THE LUG WASN'T QUITE BIG ENOUGH,SO I GOT THE 1/2" MILWAUKEE DRILL OUT & PUT A 3/8" BIT IN IT,I KNEW BETTER,I KNEW I SHOULDA GOT SOME VISE GRIPS TO HOLD THE LUG,BUT I DECIDED I'D HOLD IT WITH MY LEFT HAND & DRILL WITH MY RIGHT HAND,I PULLED THE TRIGGER NOT PUSHING TO HARD WHEN THAT SOB GRABBED AND WRAPPED THE LUG,DRILL BIT AND MY LEFT INDEX FINGER UP IN A BIG WAD RIPPING MY FINGERNAIL & MOST OF THE MEAT RIGHT OFF THE END OF MY FINGER,THAT FRICKEN HURT,THEN I HAD TO MANUALLY TURN THE DRILL COUNTER CLOCKWISE TO UN RAVEL THE MESS,THAT WAS THE WORST PART,HURT LIKE A BASTARD & FOR A LONG TIME!!!

IT'S A BIG SCAR LIST SO I'LL STOP!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

I have one on my left index finger from trying
to pry open a fresh water mussel to feed to the
fish while down about 40 feet in scuba gear.
Cut the wrong danged "muscle"

Have another on my upper lip where a dude knocked
the everlive'n hell out of me outside a bar back in
the 80's. Split my lip all the way up into my nasal
passage.

I tawked raal fonny fur a whyyle.......

L

LAST EDITED ON Jan-22-09 AT 11:12PM (MST)[p]Got one on my forehead that took 35 stitches to close. I got hit with a beer bottle, it sucked. Have you ever heard an aluminum baseball bat hit a ball? It sounded just like that. The bottle didn't break.
I also have a pretty knarly one on my right knee where they screwed my knee cap back on with a couple of grabber screws.

HERES ANOTHER ONE THAT SMARTED!!!

IN HIGH SCHOOL IN THE BIG CITY IN WOOD SHOP,EVERYONE OF US TOOK TURNS AT BUILDING BILLY CLUBS!!!

I PUT THE ROUGH 4x4 IN THE WOOD LATHE,GRABBED THE WRONG TOOL,TIGHTENED THE BAR DOWN AS TIGHT AS I COULD WITH BOTH HANDS & KICKED THE LATHE ON!!!

NO MORE THAN STARTED & THE TOOL GRABBED & SUCKED MY THUMB IN DOWN IN BETWEEN THE 4X4 & THE BAR!!!

I WASN'T STRONG ENOUGH WITH ONE HAND TO LOOSEN THE BAR AND THE COUPLE KIDS THAT WERE THERE WATCHIN RAN OFF WHEN THEY SEEN THE BLOOD & FLESH HITTING MY SHIRT!!!

HAD NO OTHER CHOICE BUT TO SHUT THE LATHE OFF & THE SLOWER IT GOT THE MORE HIDE I WAS LOSING!!!

THOUGHT THAT ROUGH EDGED 4X4 WAS GONNA TEAR MY THUMB RIGHT OFF!!!

TOOK A WHILE FOR THAT ONE TO HEAL!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THIS ONE WASN'T ME BUT I SEEN IT HAPPEN TO A GUY IN NEVADA!!!

THIS GUY I KNOW SMASHED THE END OF HIS FINGER WITH A HAMMER!!!

IT SWELLED UP & TURNED BLUE/PURPLE!!!

THIS OTHER GUY TOLD HIM HE OUGHT TO TAKE A SMALL DRILL BIT & DRILL A HOLE BACK WHERE THE NAIL GROWS OUT OF YOUR FINGER & RELEASE SOME PRESSURE & IT WOULD FEEL BETTER!!!!!!

(((HE MEANT DRILL THE HOLE WITH JUST THE BIT IN HIS HAND SLOWLY!!!)))

BUT HE WENT TO THE DRILL PRESS & USED IT!!!

YOU EVER SEEN A GROWN MAN CRY???

IT GRABBED & WENT RIGHT THROUGH HIS FINGER!!!(((DUH!!! )))

HE WALKED UP TO THE GUY THAT TOLD HIM TO USE THE DRILL BIT & SAID:YOU KNOW,MY FINGER WHERE I SMASHED IT FEELS BETTER ALREADY,LIFTED HIS HAND WITH THE DRILL BIT STILL THROUGH HIS FINGER & SAID:BUT THIS ######## ###### #### ##### SURE HURTS!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

I have more skin with scars then without.. I seem to be a walking accident.

My wife used to be sqeemish at the sight of blood but she's long since gotten over that, does not phase her a bit now.

She also asked Home Depot to not sell me any tools that I can hurt myself with but she doesn't know that I can still get the good ones at Lowes.

The plus side is I am on a first name basis with the emergency room staff. They are really nice to me..

Got a big one right where my heart used to be......Mary Lou broke it back in High School.......

RE: Scars. only been hurt twice

I have only been hurt twice. I was running trap-line in Ak. I had been out quite some time and a big storm rolled in. Only had a couple grizzly traps left to check but due to the storm I was kind of dis-oriented. It is snowing like the dickens I can hardly see. Lord have it I had to relive myself. . Not wanting to expose my self to the storm I spied this big old Pine Tree. I crawled up under the boughs dropped my britches and holy S.O.B. Snap that old grizzly trap snapped up around my testacies. Talk about hurt it hurt almost as bad as when I hit the end of the chain.

Rutnbuck

Naw, i got no scars. Nothing to mention anyways but i sure got a kick outa reading this thread!

Bigmoosie, Cool story! But did you get one of those bucks? ;-)

Bobcat, that's good stuff there! I'll wager they hurt some but purdy funny as you told it.

Joey

I don't post much, but this looks like fun.

1- various scars on fingers and knuckles from fish hooks to butterfly knives.

2- 3 scars down my back from 3 back surgeries.

3- one on my cheekbone from and unidentified flying object(a metal sprinkler thrown by my brother).

4- one on my wrist from carpul tunnel surgery

5- a six incher on my groin from a skin graph

6- a 14 incher up the back of my leg(basically from ankle to knee).

7- a 3 incher on my thigh from a barbed wire fence (some memorabilia from my first elk with a bow)

8- this one is from stupidity, but half a dozen or so burn marks from a hot piece of metal I attained while drinking too much beer and trying to see who was tougher, me or my buddies. I won though.

9- another stupid one, but a 4 incher up my wrist from putting my fist through a wall during a temper tantrum I had with my wonderful wife.

10- one on my eye brow from running into a brick wall. Took some stitches. (it's a long story)

11- And the hum dinger of them all a nice hole right through my right wrist and half my palm from a point blank blast from a single shot 20 guage shotgun. (another long story) Still got my hand though and it actually works pretty good!!

I think that's it for now.

Several on my right arm from the time I dropped my 24' camp trailer off a jack on to it.

Big one on my shin from where I stuck a hatchet in it.

Stabbed my self in the palm, twice.

Just got stitches out from tendon surgery on my left hand.

Bunch on my hands from various cuts, burns, slices.

One under my right eye from a gun kick.

This is good fun. Makes me see there are others out there.

1. I got one on my top lip that goes up to my nose from a bet in the sixth grade that I couldn't jump a sidewalk on a bike. I cleasred it but then the brakes didn't stop the bike on the wet grass and i hit a brick wall. Next day was picture day too.
2. I got just above the left knee from hitting a light cover with a ball and it broke, and the glass cut me on the way down. 4 stitches.
3. many burn scars from my time working in a metal foundry.
4. Also my best is from sharpening a shovel on an industrial sized belt sander. It grabbed and sucked my left hand in between the shovel handle and the belt. The two guys working next to me just stood there and watched as I fumbled and reached to turn the machine off. When I got my hand out I looked down expecting to see a good road rash but saw three bones ground down instead. Six surgeries later I have pretty good use of all but my pinky. Thank goodness I am right handed.

Ok where to start I have an 8 incher on my stomach from a motorcycle accident also left a grand roadrash scar on the left hip. I an also missing one quarter of my right index finger from an industrial accident. and countless little scars from a fearless childhood. A three inch scar on the inside of my left thigh from my bartending days breaking up a chick fight I caught a stelletto heel almost changed my whole perspective on life. Just remember pain is temporary pride is forever and chicks dig scars
Good Luck and Great Memories

my best one is from stepping on a muzzy brodhead when i just got out of the shower.

My Bro has a pretty good scar now - One day while building a barbed wire fence I watched my brother smash his thumb clear off with a post pounder it wasn't cut at all it was smashed off completley detached. He was lucky and they were able to save it but he has very minimal use to it now.

how the hell did that happen? kinda like walkin on razor blades?

I've got scars a over my body as it sounds like many who have posted do. I've had stiches and broken bones. They happen less often since I quit driking 19 years ago
I'm probably like a lot of you and don't go to the doctor much and avoid it unless I won't quit leaking or am broken. I never go if I'm just sick.
My worst scar happened last March, on a Monday I wasn't feeling very good but went to work anyway, on Tuesday I felt worse and stayed home, same story on Wednesday as well as Thursday. Thursday when my wife got home she told me to get my arse in the truck she was taking me to the hospital.
They did some tests and my appendix had ruptured on Monday, when I was admitted my blood pressure was 70/30. They said one more day and I wouldn't have made it.
I related to NeverStopHunting talking about the gauze that he had to ream out his drain hole with that's what I had to do for a week. It took about a month to heel up the scar and antibiotics for month.

Life member of: NRA
RMEF

I got a few. 1 goes from my sternnum to about 2 inches below by bellybutton had emergency surgery a blockage. Got a few on my head one in the shape of a six inch Y (crashed a truck)had ACL reconstuction in the 90's so my right knee has a few good scars. Got bit by a great dane when I was 9...dog coulda took my whole arm.

Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear. - Mark Twain

well i took all my brodheads off and set them on my dresser. Somehow one fell off and when i was puttin my undies on i lost my balance and stepped down real fast. i didnt feel a thing but i knew something was in my bone. there was a nice bloodtrail from my room all the way out to the truck.

All mine have been self-inflicted:

1. Forehead. Inflicted from an attempt to use my head as a pogo stick on a concrete curb after falling about 10-feet head first from a tree. I was six years old; never will understand how I lived or wasn't at least paralyzed.

2. Right knee. Was on top of an old rotted cedar post of a barb-wired fence when it flipped over, resulting in a major face plant, which could have been much worse had my momentum not been significantly slowed by my knee grabbing and holding on to one of the barbs. I was twleve; barb took a good four inches of flesh in exhange. Everyone that has since seen the scar assumes I've had a major knee replacement.

3. Left index knuckle. Sliced with a serrated sickle while working for a local farmer cutting and bunching mustard leaf. I managed to cut about half-way through my bone, which I saw for about a split second before the gaping wound filled with blood. I was fourteen. More than thirty years since, but I can still feel that gouge in my bone.

4. Left upper thigh. Was in an all out sprint through a cow pasture at about 1:00 in the morning (don't ask ;-)) when I met up with a single strand of barbed wire that someone had strung about three feet off the ground. Another intant face plant. This one still puzzles me as somehow two different barbs managed to cut a perfect three-inch "X" about four inches to the right of my posterity. Had it been a slightly different angle, I would have been the punch line of an old joke: "LOOKY, LOOKY, B@LLS ON HOOKY!" I was sixteen. Despite my shenanigans, maybe God was watching out for me that night; I've since tried to mend my ways... ;-)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom