Say It An't So...

bullskin

Very Active Member
Went to the Sears tool department today only to find Craftsman hand tools "Made in China." Nothing built in China ever works, much like Sears power tools went to hell a few decades ago. So, where does a guy go to get quality, American-made tools these days?

Draconian regulations, taxes, and labor unions have just about put a kill shot behind the ear of American manufacturing industry.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I Will NOT Buy another F'N Sears/Craftsman Tool if it says:Made in China!

Buck Knives tried that same BS!

They had to move back to the U.S.!

[font color="blue"]HUNTIN,FISHIN,AND LOVIN EVERY DAY,I WANNA SEE
THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

>Your a relic.
>Bone

Maybe So!

But I Ain't Buyin No More China Built BS than I have to!

Keep Supporting them SMACKDADDY!

THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

I'm with Bess on this. If you just use little wrenched it might be ok. Try wrenching on a tractor and have the 15/16 break and smack your hand on the tool bar. That will cure you of cheap tools pretty quick. Made in China are the worst of the worst when it comes to anything made of steel.

I bought some 1 1/2" drywall screws the other day. The head strips out when hit wood. Made in Taiwan. JFP!!

The small compressor division of Ingersoll Rand has moved back to Iowa from South Korea. A local guy makes machines that had to rely on the compressor, when they start failing he flew to Korea to find a solution. Turns out they didn't want the company and ##### bought it for a pittance and moved it into his manufacturing facility in Iowa. Good news.

Are you building a new clubhouse, eel?

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

feddoc, maybe it's just me but I usually screw drywall to wood. :)

Wisz, just a remodel job. Hardbone insists on a transgender bathroom.

LOL

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

>The small compressor division of Ingersoll
>Rand has moved back to
>Iowa from South Korea.
>A local guy makes machines
>that had to rely on
>the compressor, when they start
>failing he flew to Korea
>to find a solution.
>Turns out they didn't want
>the company and ##### bought
>it for a pittance and
>moved it into his manufacturing
>facility in Iowa. Good
>news.

Buddy just picked a new one up, 5horse 60 gallon. Pump was made in China, motor was made in Mexico. Didn't see where the the tank was made. But she was put together in the USA! Hope for his sake it lasts!

2165220160716084952.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jul-16-16 AT 10:21PM (MST)[p]I noticed the other day at my friends shop almost all the power tools laying on the floor were De Walt. Drills, sanders, off angle drills and grinders etc. He is restoring a 1943 Military Jeep.
I bought some De Walt hand tools awhile back and they were good grade as try to drill screws into old 45 year old lumber with out striping the head.

I have not bought any tools from Sears in a long time. I took an old Craftsman ratchet that the reverse mechanizism would not work. The 3rd country national working there said I could not exchange it as it is too old...

OSH sells Sears products but said they are no longer with the company....so why selling them then.

For a quick repair ON SMALL things, go to Harbor Freight and when it breaks, toss it is the garbage can.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

For a quick repair ON SMALL things, go to Harbor Freight and when it breaks, toss it is the garbage can.

That's about How they want things to happen!

Everything is 'Throw-Away'!

Warranty/Guarantee?

WTF is that?

THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

YEA that lifetime warranty is gone too.
Pawnshop's are a good place to buy hand tools.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

And it WILL break. My brother in law bent a 1 inch breaker bar he bought at Harbor Freight. Yes, he used a cheater, but a 1-inch bar ought to lift the Titanic.

Throw a Chinese AK in the mud....it comes up spittin' lead...throw a colt M-16 in the same situation...you're screwed..just sayin' not all Chinese is bad..

Originated in Russia though!

Alot of Ssshhhiiittt Mocked & Copied by China!

It Ate on Mikhail His whole/Long Life wondering if He was Responsible for so many Lives as Him being the Inventor!

THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

I can remember cussing seeing "Made in Japan" on products. Now that China makes everything I would do anything to have Japanese products again. I wonder if all the tools in their factories say "Made in China" on them?

I have heard several people mention Dewalt. We use a lot of Dewalt rechargable tools in my shop. They used to always work perfect. Now the chordless drills I buy the chuck comes loose all the time if I stop the drill and restart. Used to not be a problem. Every one of them I buy does it. Not that big of a deal when its a drill bit but it turns into a disaster if you have a mixer in the drill and it comes loose.

You have a point, Longun. No doubt the stuff they build for domestic consumption works just fine. It's the crap they build for us that doesn't work.

I'm like the rest of the guys on here though...get all my good tools at yard sales and auctions....even found wrenches with my metal detector that have been laying in the ground for years clean'em up with the buffer and they look and work like brand new..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom