Say it ain't so...

sageadvice

Long Time Member
Taken from a article, link, about Wilson Co. acquiring the intellectual property of Louisville Slugger from its original owner, Hillerich & Bradsby.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/12544727/wilson-parent-company-buys-louisville-slugger-70-million

"In 2012, Louisville Slugger, along with retailer the Sports Authority and the New Jersey State Little League, agreed to pay $9 million to the family of a boy who suffered brain damage after a line drive that came off a Louisville Slugger bat hit him in the chest."

I mean, devastating for the Kid and his family but sue the Co. that made the bats?

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Joey that is what you call a shyster attorney going after the deep pockets in a lawsuit. I am surprised they settled out of court for that large of a amount. Normally they settled for a few hundred thousand as it is cheaper then fighting it in court with high dollar attorney fees.
I am willing to bet it was the insurance companies for the three defendants that paid the bill and they will pass the cost on to their customers in higher insurance premiums.

RELH

Yeah, i see it that way too but, Suing the Co. that made the bats? Ridiculous! :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Two words. Tort reform. Loser pays all. That is the only way to stop the bs. Most politicians are attorneys. Will never happen. Consumer pays the bill. 2 bucks more a bat. End of story. Bs but 8t is what it is.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

This an example of the 21st century American Way.....Nobody takes personal responsibility for their own actions, always somebody else is at fault....

No wonder my grandson's little league bat cost $129 x(

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-24-15 AT 01:05PM (MST)[p]***Shocking, ridiculous, greedy, accepting zero personal liability or responsibility***

God knows we should ALWAYS look for someone else to blame when we get hurt. That's the American (attorney) way! Right?

Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Mar-24-15 AT 03:06PM (MST)[p]In another instance,..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...te-dies-on-first-scuba-dive-in-Australia.html

So instruction aside, her bereaved Family can now sue the Co that made her flippers.

This guy, this guy surely has many lined up to be at fault if and when he breaks his neck! lol

2867potd-skiing_3239037k.jpg

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom