Sawrovski 15 X 56

U

utaz

Last year I had my spotting scope stollen on my deer hunt in Utah. It was a Sawrovski 80MM, I've been saving ever since to buy myself a new one. Though I've read some threads regarding the 15X56, personally I like to glass with both eyes, I found myself really using the 25 to 30 X on my spotting scope. I think it's cools how people are using the 15X56 with a tripod and I could save myself a few hundred dollars as well (since it's my second time around).

Does anyone use the 15X56 to spot and stalk without the tripod? I have some 10 X 42 Euro's already, but was thinking that I could use the 15X56 for both purposes.

Any thoughts on what setup works best. I have a great tripod that I used for my spotting scope already, so I could mount the 15 X 56 on that as well.

Just wondering if anyone has ditched the spotting scope and found usign the 15X56 Sawrovski as a good or great option. I like glassing canyons, sage brush flats etc.

I use my 15's on and off the tripod, they are awesome..But they dont replace the spotter, not even close.

>I use my 15's on and
>off the tripod, they are
>awesome..But they dont replace the
>spotter, not even close.

Couldn't agree more.

Sorry about your spotter. I also agree with the last couple post's, I love the 15's on the tripod. But there is no way my spotter is not also sitting next too me.

Id take 15ns over just having a scope but in the end both are great to have !!

I love mine I have scope 15 and my 10x42 if I had to choose which one no doubt the 15 I find my self using them more then anything else u get dizy with out a tri pod though.

I have found my 15 Swaros to be great at spotting game (totally agree that you can't use them without the tripod), but nothing beats the scope for identifying trophy quality.
I carry the 15s and my son carries the scope. We make a great team with that combo.

I use the 15 on a big heavy tripod almost all the time. But for backpacking in you can't beat the combination of the 15's and a small tripod. I bought a vortex high country for this and it has worked great.
I love the scope as well but if I had to choose one thing it would be the 15's over a combination of binos and a spotter.
I also tie my swarovski adapter with some paracord I lost it on a new mexico elk hunt and I felt helpless. I used some electrical tape to tie it on and glass.

The 15x's find game better than anything else, at a distance greater than say 1/2 mile.

BUT, unless you don't care what you are going after you NEED a spotter.

Order of priority is 1) Carry bino's up to 10x(I prefer 8.0/8.5x). 2) Spotter to look over game found 3) 15x's 100% on tripod.

15x's on shooting stix or any other balanced, instead of locked with a mount tripod, is no better than a locked down set of good 8x or 10x carry binos.

PS If your bino's were stolen and you have homeowners or even renters insurance they would be covered and at $2000-$2500 in replacement value, even a $500 deductible would make sense to place a claim.

The "Swarovski" 15 X 56 Binos mounted on an "Outdoorsman" Tripod are handsdown, the Best piece of hunting equipment that I own!

What were the circumstances where your spotting scope got ripped off? Was it a smash and grab or what? That is a terrible loss. Sorry to hear that.

I have never put my 15's on a tripod. Always free hand it. Some can and some cannot. My buddy refuses and uses the 10's. I have had 10's and 15's and love both of them. 15's are to much for Africa but absolutely great for Wyoming, and the west. You cannot go wrong with them in my opinion. I always take the 15's and lots of times leave the spotting scope at home because of space and weight.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom