San Rafael Ram

U

UThunter

I was lucky enough to be able to tag along with my wife's uncle this year when he harvested his sheep.
He killed it on Sunday afternoon, and called and asked if I would come help pack it out. That is a no brainer. I called my boss, and worked it out so I could go help him on Monday.
It was alot of work but really fun!

4359imag0213.jpg

Me with the sheep on my back! It was interesting going up the slick rock.
6647imag0219.jpg

Amazing country!!
3316imag0221.jpg

My boys sure thought it was pretty cool!
5003imag0225.jpg

Thanks for letting me tag along Terry, it was a blast!!!

Congrats to the hunter (Terry I guess).

Fine ram and a good job well done!

DAMN sweet pics (that 3rd photo almost made me cry). Post more and more please. I cannot get enough of Southern Ut.

There's nothing better than a Utah desert sheep hunt. I'm proud and blessed to have been on several desert sheep hunts in a few states. My son will be there in a year or two.

Thanks for the post. I would love to read the story so have uncle post it up. help him if you need to so we can have the story.

Thanks, Zeke

Hey congratulations on an awesome trophy!

Awesome pictures to. Love the third shot.

Looks like you can see forever. Love it.

That is so cool. Congratulations on an outstanding trophy!
I want 20 more photos.
Way to go guys.

that 3rd pic is outstanding! nice work. Thanks for sharing.

Was this the San Raf North or South unit?

Congrats on the great sheep. I have heard the North San Rafael is getting tougher all the time so great job!!

Congrats Terry, on getting a great sheep and thanks UTHunter for posting the pics.

I need to comment on the third picture as well. That photo really looked familliar from a hunt I was lucky enough to go on last year with a friend and sure enough after looking thru my files its the same canyon. Great place and overall fantasic country. I'll attach my photo of the same canyon.

And Zeke, coincidentally the same day we were here hunting these canyons, the guy who took us into this area received a text photo from you of a ram that you and your daughter had seen in the DD. I don't recall if that was the same ram that she ended up taking later on in her hunt.

I wonder what Jack O'Conner and some of the other old timers would think of cell phones and texting from one sheep area to another. Ya gotta love it.

patientlywaiting,

The ram photo, that you saw last year, is of a good ram that we never found again! The ram Jessica killed was different in shape and maybe a little larger than the "live photo" ram.

Beautiful photos of the country. I love them. Thanks for sharing!

Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom