San Rafael North Antelope Tag

S

seedsman

One of the kids drew a San Rafael North Antelope rifle tag. Any thoughts or suggestions?

My brother and I had the archery tag in 2007, we took 2 bucks that scored 76. It's a awesome hunt and your going to see alot of goats, but you do not need a guide. I repeat, you do not need a guide for this hunt.

Get a good map, find the water and you will find goats. There is road's everywhere and travel is easy.

If you are serious about a guide, Tod Wilson is the man on the North SR. I can get you some contact info if you want. I also agree... you don't need a guide to take a great buck on this unit.

I hunted it about 6 yrs ago. Shot a 81 7/8 goat. Not as many speed goats. A few nice ones. PM me for info. Guide not needed imo.

start around the mounds area. I live in wellington and hunt there allot if you need help let me know.

Does Woodside on Hwy 191 fall in this unit.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

The tag is here and in our hands. The maps have arrived and are being studied. I will contact several of you for suggestions now that we have the maps. Any more direction would be appreciated.

So I drew this tag for the muzzle loader this year 2021. I was wondering what an average size pronghorn buck is and what big one would be? Gonna start scouting here in a few weeks Thanks in advance

Congratulations on a very difficult tag to draw!! I know nothing about the unit, but I’ll say this about a Guide, since other’s discourage it.
I agree that any good Rifle Antelope tag, a guide is definitely not needed to find, and kill bucks. However, if you’re wanting to try to kill a Really big buck, the differences are subtle, and the guide will make his pay, by being able to judge the difference between a 78” buck, and an 83” buck. They’re very difficult to judge. Enjoy the hunt, on a tag, that your family probably won’t draw again, and have a great time!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom