San Diego

feddoc

Long Time Member
Anything unusual to do there? Sea World, ball park, legoland done most of the popular touristy things. Looking for something more outdoorsy.

SOBs are gonna make me stay here for a week. http://manchestergrand.hyatt.com/hyatt/images/hotels/sanrs/factsheet.pdf

I'm just hoping they won't get me one of those corner king suites with an ocean view. Last time I did something like this, they made me stay on the 23rd floor of the Hawaiian Hilton...on the night of July 4th.
Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Anything unusual to do there? Sea World, ball park, legoland done most of the popular touristy things. Looking for something more outdoorsy.

SOBs are gonna make me stay here for a week. http://manchestergrand.hyatt.com/hyatt/images/hotels/sanrs/factsheet.pdf

I'm just hoping they won't get me one of those corner king suites with an ocean view. Last time I did something like this, they made me stay on the 23rd floor of the Hawaiian Hilton...on the night of July 4th.
Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

I'd quit before suffering thru that. Poor feddoc.

You have a whole bunch of fishing options. Try the night time Shark trip for something a bit different.

I'd quit before suffering thru that. Poor feddoc.

You have a whole bunch of fishing options. Try the night time Shark trip for something a bit different.

Since nobody else is helping out I will give you another option. Tijuana is a short drive away. They have shows that involve animals but I think it is mostly done indoors.

Hope that helps.

Since nobody else is helping out I will give you another option. Tijuana is a short drive away. They have shows that involve animals but I think it is mostly done indoors.

Hope that helps.

You should have stopped at shark fishing.

I've seen some of the shows in Juarez and Bangkok. I never knew how golfballs were born until then.

You should have stopped at shark fishing.

I've seen some of the shows in Juarez and Bangkok. I never knew how golfballs were born until then.

LOVE San Diego! Kids and I spend 1-2 weeks there every year! Here are a few of ideas, though not all of them are too 'outdoorsy'.....

-The fishing idea is a good one! Lots of 1/2 & 3/4 day charters out of Point Loma! Fun stuff, if you can handle being on a rocking boat for a day.

-Balboa Park! Amazing museums there! Check-out the Aero Space museum. Also lots of good trails there if you're into hiking/biking. (urban, of course....)

-Midway Museum! Fun stuff to walk around an actual aircraft carrier!

-Get some snorkling gear and hit the Cove in La Jolla! Scripps underwater park is outstanding for snorkling/diving!

-Also in La Jolla, I think by The Shores, you can rent sea kayaks. Lots of fun to paddle around the shores of La Jolla!

Have fun!

S.

:)

LOVE San Diego! Kids and I spend 1-2 weeks there every year! Here are a few of ideas, though not all of them are too 'outdoorsy'.....

-The fishing idea is a good one! Lots of 1/2 & 3/4 day charters out of Point Loma! Fun stuff, if you can handle being on a rocking boat for a day.

-Balboa Park! Amazing museums there! Check-out the Aero Space museum. Also lots of good trails there if you're into hiking/biking. (urban, of course....)

-Midway Museum! Fun stuff to walk around an actual aircraft carrier!

-Get some snorkling gear and hit the Cove in La Jolla! Scripps underwater park is outstanding for snorkling/diving!

-Also in La Jolla, I think by The Shores, you can rent sea kayaks. Lots of fun to paddle around the shores of La Jolla!

Have fun!

S.

:)

If you like BBQ, try Phil's bbq in point Loma. Near Old town SD and qualquam stadium.

Best bbq for miles around.

You can search on google for their website. The actually have a webcam so you can see how long the line is before going over there.

Well worth the wait!!!!

My little brother lives and SD and we certainly stop there whenever we visit.

JimmyA

If you like BBQ, try Phil's bbq in point Loma. Near Old town SD and qualquam stadium.

Best bbq for miles around.

You can search on google for their website. The actually have a webcam so you can see how long the line is before going over there.

Well worth the wait!!!!

My little brother lives and SD and we certainly stop there whenever we visit.

JimmyA

If you have some extra time check out Point Loma Sportfishing/H&M landing/ Fishermans landing. All 3 in of them in point loma. I see their catching alot of BFT (Blue fin tuna) up to #40 I recomend a 1 1/2 day trip out of any of those landings. Also I caught a nice Thresher shark off the pier in Carlsbad. All the pier fishing is free with the exception of bait and equipment if you dont own it.Plus the "eye candy" around the beaches are nice. Best of luck !!!

If you have some extra time check out Point Loma Sportfishing/H&M landing/ Fishermans landing. All 3 in of them in point loma. I see their catching alot of BFT (Blue fin tuna) up to #40 I recomend a 1 1/2 day trip out of any of those landings. Also I caught a nice Thresher shark off the pier in Carlsbad. All the pier fishing is free with the exception of bait and equipment if you dont own it.Plus the "eye candy" around the beaches are nice. Best of luck !!!

Amazing Zoo!!

No mule deer or elk but a great zoo none the less.

We were there a few weeks ago. This zoo would definitely take a whole day to do it justice.

JimmyA

Amazing Zoo!!

No mule deer or elk but a great zoo none the less.

We were there a few weeks ago. This zoo would definitely take a whole day to do it justice.

JimmyA

Black beach use to be a good time,Don't know if it still is.
Find and go to a Bar call "Horse and Cow" and hang with a few of the good folks.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Black beach use to be a good time,Don't know if it still is.
Find and go to a Bar call "Horse and Cow" and hang with a few of the good folks.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

If you have a hankering in seeing Africa, go to the Wild Animal Park near Escondido. The nature preserve is worth your time.

Eldorado

If you have a hankering in seeing Africa, go to the Wild Animal Park near Escondido. The nature preserve is worth your time.

Eldorado

You are in a great hotel. Bring your binocs or spotting scope for sure. Head on out to the end of Point Loma, (Cabrillo National Monument) then work your way up north to LaJolla. Last week there were 130 seals in the Childrens Cove in LaJolla.

Head over to the top of Blacks Beach and watch the boys and girls play the wind over the Torrey Pines cliffs.

Bring swim goggles and a swim cap and hit LaJolla Cove for a refreshing swim. Or head over to LaJolla shores and rent a kayak and head out for some fun. Or go fishing in the kelp beds off of LaJolla. And bring a sweat shirt, it can get cool for sure in the early mornings. Running shoes are a must if you exercise. Balboa Park is nice. Or just bring your wallet and head to Del Mar to bet on some great ponies at the track. Plenty to see for sure. Enjoy America's Finest City!!

www.teammuleys.com

You are in a great hotel. Bring your binocs or spotting scope for sure. Head on out to the end of Point Loma, (Cabrillo National Monument) then work your way up north to LaJolla. Last week there were 130 seals in the Childrens Cove in LaJolla.

Head over to the top of Blacks Beach and watch the boys and girls play the wind over the Torrey Pines cliffs.

Bring swim goggles and a swim cap and hit LaJolla Cove for a refreshing swim. Or head over to LaJolla shores and rent a kayak and head out for some fun. Or go fishing in the kelp beds off of LaJolla. And bring a sweat shirt, it can get cool for sure in the early mornings. Running shoes are a must if you exercise. Balboa Park is nice. Or just bring your wallet and head to Del Mar to bet on some great ponies at the track. Plenty to see for sure. Enjoy America's Finest City!!

www.teammuleys.com

You're near some of the best fishing to be found anywhere. You're missing out if you don't take advantage of it. This is an excellent time of year for short trips. All three of the landings mentioned have options to consider, with Fisherman's Landing having more boats than the other two landings. You can do a short trip and end up with some great fishing.

You're near some of the best fishing to be found anywhere. You're missing out if you don't take advantage of it. This is an excellent time of year for short trips. All three of the landings mentioned have options to consider, with Fisherman's Landing having more boats than the other two landings. You can do a short trip and end up with some great fishing.

These are outdoor things our family does in that area:

Charter fish.
Visit the light houses
Explore the tide pools
Rent wave runners near Mission Bay
Boogie board at La Jolla
Besides the other things already mentioned.

It would have been a great place to live 75 years ago. So nice, it's been loved to death, pity.

DC

These are outdoor things our family does in that area:

Charter fish.
Visit the light houses
Explore the tide pools
Rent wave runners near Mission Bay
Boogie board at La Jolla
Besides the other things already mentioned.

It would have been a great place to live 75 years ago. So nice, it's been loved to death, pity.

DC

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom