San Diego during PlayOffs

Iddogguy

I’m going to be in San Diego taking a break from hunting for a few days. They’re going to be a couple Padres playoff games while I’m there. Trying to decide if I should take one in? Any other advice about activities?Mark

Balboa Park is located in the heart of SD, great place to walk around and plenty of things to see. The land was set aside when the city was founded.

My favorite activity to take visitors from out-of-town is tidepooling. I think it's that time of year when you can get decent low tides, check the charts. Cabrillo National Monument and La Jolla are two good spots to do some tidepooling, I recommend the former if you want to combine it with a trip to the national monument and see where Juan Cabrillo landed in Alta California in 1542.

Regarding places to eat, I think Crack Shack has some great casual bites. Hodads is a local institution with good burgers (a tad better than In N Out in my opinion). Bobboi has the best gelato I've ever had.

If you have any particular interests maybe I can offer some more suggestions. Nice city, lived here for 12 years but leaving soon due to the cost of living.

Thanks lex

I’ll try the tide pooling, I usually rent a car and head up towards Oceanside. I’m going to stay in Point Loma so Cabrillo will fit in great. Love Point Loma Seafood, the Squid Sandwich! Was told to try Miguel's Cocina on Coronado Island, going to take the ferry across the bay. May go on a fishing charter sometime but not this trip. I try to get there two or three times in the winter months. Thanks Again !

Mark

Going to CA for any reason is retarded. Not to mention during hunting season must be hardcore city.

I enjoyed San Dog when I was stationed there back in the 80's. Returned a couple of times since on a couple of vacations. Took our son on a tour of the USS Midway. That immediate area has some great restaurants right around the water there.

We used to enjoy going up to Julian. Its up in the pines above SD. Big into the apple harvest thing which should be going full swing. If you like apple anything, it's pretty cool. I think they now have some wineries up there too. Old Town Sand Diego used to be pretty neat to wander around, not sure what it is like now.

Balboa Park is located in the heart of SD, great place to walk around and plenty of things to see. The land was set aside when the city was founded.

My favorite activity to take visitors from out-of-town is tidepooling. I think it's that time of year when you can get decent low tides, check the charts. Cabrillo National Monument and La Jolla are two good spots to do some tidepooling, I recommend the former if you want to combine it with a trip to the national monument and see where Juan Cabrillo landed in Alta California in 1542.

Regarding places to eat, I think Crack Shack has some great casual bites. Hodads is a local institution with good burgers (a tad better than In N Out in my opinion). Bobboi has the best gelato I've ever had.

If you have any particular interests maybe I can offer some more suggestions. Nice city, lived here for 12 years but leaving soon due to the cost of living.
There are a couple of crab shacks nearby that have very good seafood.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom