Salmon fishing, finally

eelgrass

Long Time Member
A friend of mine has been after me all season to go fishing with him. Because I get sea sick, I've always turned him down. Finally the stars lined up and the ocean laid down to almost flat this morning. We left the dock at about 7am and was back at 8:30 with our fish. I didn't have time to get sick.:)

We caught a pretty good grade of fish. The biggest about 18lbs.

5334salmon862012_002.jpg

813salmon862012_004.jpg

The fish counter was at the dock collecting all the vital information. As luck would have it we had two fish with micro-chips in their head. She said that most of the fish she's checked with chips are Sacramento River bound.

6730salmon862012_003.jpg

The end result will be some great eating.

6214salmon862012_006.jpg

The salmon fishing has really been phenominal this year. It's been red hot all season. If I could handle the ocean, I'd be in the market for a boat. And then I would invite all my MM friends to come join me.

Eel

Nothing like fresh ocean fish,should be some good eating.Thank's for sharing the pictures Eel.

Them are some Dandy's Steve, Congrats!!

Glad you didn't feel the need to chum. I been sea sick a couple times and it sure takes the fun outa the trip!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Way to go Eel! I've been really wanting to get up there for salmon and halibut! Fine fish! Congrats!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom