Sako Finnlight???

HorseCreek

Very Active Member
Anyone shoot one? I've heard great things about Sako but never firsthand. I'm looking at it chambered for 7mm. I love the way it shoulders and feels but I'm wondering if Sako is worth the $1400+?
What's the good and bad from this rifle?

Traditional >>>------->

I have 2 SAKO rifles 243 and 338 They are one of the best made rifles you can buy .... in my opinion.
You can't go wrong with Sako very well made and accurate outa the box also very nice looking.

CC

+1 c_c! I have a .243 Forester and a 30-06 Finnbear that will never leave my possession until I croak!

Nicest production rifle I've ever had in my hands, Horse. If you got 1500 bucks burning a hole in your pocket, I would buy it today and feel like it was worth the money.

If ya can spare the extra loot for two I will take mine in 270 short mag thanks.

+2 I have one in 300WSM. Smooth action, crisp trigger and shoots sub MOA. Best rifle I ever had. I like the detachable clip too.

Thanks for the input. With the weight of the gun I plan on putting a brake on it to help with the recoil. Anyone shoot the 7mm specifically?
Did you end up getting one Woodruff???
OP, don't hold your breath!:)

Traditional >>>------->

I have a 7Mag in the 75SS, the predecessor to the newest one. You wlll love the action, it is the smoothest made. If you get a brake put on it, just don't let them cut the barrel, that one is about as short as you want to go with that round. I hated the idea of brakes until I bought a gun with one, now I love them.

PS The magazine will let you shoot long bullets, which may be good if you reload.

I also have one in 300 wsm (mine's the older 75). I love the rifle and have taken many animals with it . . . Sub-moa all day long if I'm doing my part. Topped with a Swaro Habaicht 3.5-10X.

"Did you end up getting one Woodruff???"

No, but its on the list. I'm just not going to mention it to my wife. I had a 300 Browning A-Bolt that I really like and used it for my "all around gun" My son used it too so I guess I am donating it!

I have a Rem 700 in 7mm. Its a good gun but I just don't like it as much as the Browning and after looking at the Sako, I would put that at the top of my list.

I am surely no gun expert but I would like to get the Sako in a 300 or 300 WSM caliber. I wonder how they kick (without a brake)????

I have several different "smaller" calibers but I finally getting it through my thick skull to stick with one all around gun. I think I will get one more 300 and call it good for a few years!!

Can't blame a guy for askin and good luck in your quest to aquire the sweetest light weight rifle made IMO. Its right at the top of my list for my next acquisition. Let us know how it shoots if you get one.

For whats its worth also look at the a7 tecomate edition. I did have some trouble with federal brass in my 300wsm but the fit and finish is great and it shoots well when its not copper fouled.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-13 AT 05:15PM (MST)[p]Thanks for the suggestion. It looks like a sweet rifle but I want it in 7mm.
I haven't rifle hunted big game since i was 16. I'm by no means a rifle expert. What's the benefits or drawback of the shorter barrel? Most 7mm's I see have a longer tube. With this caliber what am I giving up with this gun being 24 3/8"?

Traditional >>>------->

I have nothing but good things to say about my Sako A7 in 300 WSM. I wouldn't hesitate to get one in any other caliber.

With this
>caliber what am I giving
>up with this gun being
>24 3/8"?

My Sako has the 24 3/8" also in 7mm. You will give up reaching the calibers potential, which I think starts at 26". You won't quite get to 3000fps with 160's unless you are using powders ~ as slow as H1000/7828/Retumbo etc.

The fact is, very few factory rifles come in 26" though anyway and you are better off with a gun that feels and shoots great, than worry about the extra 60fps.

>For whats its worth also look
>at the a7 tecomate edition.
> I did have some
>trouble with federal brass in
>my 300wsm but the fit
>and finish is great and
>it shoots well when its
>not copper fouled.

Hey canyon crosser what scope did you go with on the tecomate? Did you use the bases that came on the gun? I just bought the same rifle and im trying do decide on a scope.

I did use their bases, that was a problem also now that you remind me, as the scope came loose. I topped it with a ziess that I sent to Kenton.

Looks like I need to talk with some of the 'Wife's' about these Choices & see what they say!:D

The Dew I had for Breakfast wasn't Bad so I had one more for Dessert!:D