sages NEW KALI WATER HEATER!!!

elkassassin

Long Time Member
Maybe there is an advantage to putting an 8" X 6" Reducer on an 8" Stove?:D

Looks to be Eco/Kali Friendly sage?:D

This Story happens alot it's True!
But Ya Best Hope it don't ever happen to you!

Bess, Thanks for the idea!

I've been pondering the best way to help heat my hot water with the woodstove. The w/heater is just on the other side of a common wall. That coil system ought to work great and i've put in miles of soft copper under slabs!

That ol 4x4 GMC flatbed is a cool truck. My bud Jeff Rose up here in Chester has one just like it that's all cleaned up, tricked out, custom bed and boxes, splitter mounted on the rear bumper, it's made for work. He even has a small crane on it to haul up a dead critter or the bigger rounds of firewood. Jeff is a big ol boy, stout strong and tuff as they come but like me, his body is going to hell on him so he uses the crane and why not.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Could have bought a water heater for what he paid for that copper..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Snort, clearly a bit pricy project but no doubt about it, it would pay for itself in water heater fuel costs over time.

Connect each end of the coiled stack, one roll of soft copper would work just fine, into either the cold or hot supply line as it runs in the top of the heater and the other into the drain hole, would have to be modified but i generally modify-upgrade those boiler drains anyway, at the bottom of the heater. The heated water will circulate from natural convection and your water heater won't need to start stop, start stop, just to keep your tank water hot.

It's definitely a way to tap into your wood heat energy that you're going to use anyway, 6-8 months a year depending, to save energy to power your W/heater.

Most systems for heating water with the wood stove involve drilling holes in the back of your stove and putting a coil system inside the stove. Seems they get too hot, bent up, in the way, and don't last very long. I'm serious, i think this guy has simple yet brilliant idea!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Paul Crawford was up all night, watched that video 84 times, trying to figure out how to convert his wood stove into a brewery!

"Being an idiot is NOT an art form. Give it up!"

>Snort, clearly a bit pricy project
>but no doubt about it,
>it would pay for itself
>in water heater fuel costs
>over time.
>
>Connect each end of the coiled
>stack, one roll of soft
>copper would work just fine,
>into either the cold or
>hot supply line as it
>runs in the top of
>the heater and the other
>into the drain hole, would
>have to be modified but
>i generally modify-upgrade those boiler
>drains anyway, at the bottom
>of the heater. The heated
>water will circulate from
>natural convection and your water
>heater won't need to start
>stop, start stop, just to
>keep your tank water hot.
>
>
>It's definitely a way to tap
>into your wood heat energy
>that you're going to use
>anyway, 6-8 months a year
>depending, to save energy to
>power your W/heater.
>
>Most systems for heating water with
>the wood stove involve drilling
>holes in the back of
>your stove and putting a
>coil system inside the stove.
>Seems they get too hot,
>bent up, in the way,
>and don't last very long.
>I'm serious, i think this
>guy has simple yet brilliant
>idea!
>
>Joey
>
>
>"It's all about knowing what your
>firearms practical limitations are and
>combining that with your own
>personal limitations!"

'Natural Convection!"

I've seen a few Bombs in my day by People relying on Natural Convection with No Relief Valves piped in!

Had one Guy wanting me to Silver Solder his piping back together cuzz he melted his 95/5 Solder out of several Joints from too much Heat & not enough Circulation!:D

Wouldn't be hard to make it work!

But is the Cost gonna be worth the Profit?

This Story happens alot it's True!
But Ya Best Hope it don't ever happen to you!

Don't ask me why, but refer copper is usually cheaper if you are buying a 30' or longer roll. Just remember to up size 1 size. For 1/2 water pipe size use 5/8" Refer pipe. For 3/4" water size go with 7/8" refer size. Oh ya before some of you get to excited I am talking about refrigeration pipe, Not that crazy Colorado moon cabbage.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom