Sagebrush Tea

S

Sir_Huntsalot

Back in about 1970 my Grandpa frequently would sip spoonfulls of sagebrush tea. My two brothers and I were forced to drink a glass full as a fix for whiners. [punishment for just being boys on a 5 hour ride home from grandpa's] Anyone else have the pleasure of this brew? If somene gets rich from this please remember me $$$$$

My Aunt and Uncle use to make tea out of Mormon tea or Squaw tea plant (ephedra). said it was good for arthritis.

mod2.jpg

We just had sagebrush, the young tender new growth not the old bitter stuff, ya right. I even remember we found a tick on it. Going to the Grandparents was always an adventure. They didn't have indoor plumbing until about 1971. They did have a 3 hole outhouse [3 levels for different sized people]. When they finally decided to put in running water and the bathroom my Grandpa went down fighting,"Aint nobody gonna ##### in my house!" Man we had alot of fun back then.

Yeah I drank a ton of it mostly Brigham/Mormon type. Pretty good stuff high in vitaman C . But let me warn you the only time you can really pick the stuff is in the fall. Or it will be bitter as heck. See in the spring when it is short the coyotes piss on it! Taste like piss then. When fall comes around it is to tall for them to piss on it.(Cut the tops then) But then in the winter the coyotes will wait for snow so they can walk on the snow and piss on it. Tastes like piss then also.

Rutnbuck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom