Sageadvice's Christmas Special

RELH

Long Time Member
For all you guys that were kind enough to send Sage those special Christmas cards and Letters, we have a winner for the knife drawing that you were in. The winner was R. Brown, I do not know his MM handle. I was advised today of his winning and his address to ship the knife by the creator of the drawing.
He still wishes to remain in deep cover, so I am advising everyone of the winner so he can maintain his deep cover and Bessy will not be able to harass him because he did not win.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Jan-14-16 AT 11:46PM (MST)[p]Congrats ! I believe his MM name is Sierra. I have had my hands on three of Bobs knives and they are the best made works of art ever. Thanks for helping out Bob !

All i can say is that you guys really helped me get thru a tough time and my thanks to you is given here and now. I don't know how or why, i didn't borrow a nickle from a friend or asked anybody for help as i've been thru tough times before and figured that i would again but this "contest", a surprise to me even now, that i wasn't let in on, certainly has made getting through the last couple months a heck of a lot easier.

Maybe the good news is that i turn 62 within a week and in March be taking in early retirement checks from Social Security. There were times when i've cussed what i felt was a huge amount taken from my paychecks thru the years but now i feel it a blessing.

Though some have it worse than me, the Drs tell me that my back and leg problems are not repairable. This coming year, now that a lot of the financial concerns will be completely addressed by the SS payments, i promise to renew my efforts to improve my physical condition and mobility. Some weight loss, a better diet, and just getting out and about more certainly will help both physically and mentally. Thanks Guys!!

PS i have one of RELH's knives! Among many knives i've gathered here and there, it's by far the best i own!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Gotta Thank the Creator of this Deal (Not Me!) & RELH!

Although He wants to stay Anonymous,The Guy Has always Impressed me with being one of the Few that's Smart enough to know what it would take to Bring a Strong Mule Deer Herd back to this State!

Since I've known Him & Actually Met him in Person a couple times I knew He was a Guy that'd Give the Shirt off His Back & as You already know He Helps people every year spending Money out of His Own Pocket to do so!

He's seen the Banner Day's of Mule Deer in this State,knows what the State is Capable of Producing when it comes to Mule Deer,but it'll take more than just Me & Him to change the Suffering Herd we now have with PISS POOR Management!

A Big Thanks to the Man!

"I'm Living & Dieing with the Choices
I've made!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=N8i5NLyXZdc

Well said Bbop!!!! JFP!!!! :D

I'm happy for the winner too, and the real blessing was to be able to help Joey and send some Christmas spirit his way.

Eel

I'm also happy for the winner!
Good to hear a few folks helped out a little uncle Sage. They only did it because they wanted too.

A big shout-out to the "contest" originator. Good person!

I've always told you, Joey, that our lives are quite parallel and we've had many of the same experiences. We're even the same age.

Keep up the good work!

Zeke

I hope you had a good Christmas, Joey. Good things come to good people.

Now, down to business on your health. Do what you have to do in order to get healthier. We know that the older we get, the harder it is to make progress to a healthier life. It's all about having small improvements in whatever your doing to feel better. If it's eating healthier and starting out taking a small walk down the street...within a week or 2, you'll be able to take a longer walk. In 4 weeks, you may be able to take a longer, brisk walk. Bottom line is that you will see and FEEL the improvement. It's hard to get motivated to do it, but once you do, you'll be the proudest person that you are following through. Nose to the grindstone and just do it, Joey. You're a good man!

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

I hope you had a great Christmas Sage. It was big of the originator to start this...proves there is still some good in this world. A few bucks here and there can be huge for some at the right time. I went down with DVT/PE this year and my dad came through and helped my family out without asking and very unexpectedly. things have a way of working out! Now, get off your big ass and go for a walk! :)

As the lucky winner of the knife, i wanted to wish Sage the best of luck in 2016 and beyond. May the gifts keep coming.

I also wanted to thank the Creator for coming up with the idea. It's always nice to help others, but it takes an extra generous person to proactively organize something like this. You are a good man or woman!

>As the lucky winner of the
>knife, i wanted to wish
>Sage the best of luck
>in 2016 and beyond. May
>the gifts keep coming.
>
>I also wanted to thank the
>Creator for coming up with
>the idea. It's always
>nice to help others, but
>it takes an extra generous
>person to proactively organize something
>like this. You are
>a good man or woman!
>

Hey Sierra?

I never got a PM from you?

"I'm Living & Dieing with the Choices
I've made!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=N8i5NLyXZdc

I have something to say to Sage but first, I must address REHL, Wizard, Zekers, Zeke, Elkassassin, BIGJOHNT (Great name), Eelgrass, Sierra and everyone else yet to post. I wish to say; Thank You for your Love and support of my life long friend Sage.

I never knew of this site before I entered "Just Joined Today". Now for some dirty stories on Sage. Auh, never mind, he will stomp me if I utter such.

I have no clue what a RELH knife is. I don't understand how a drawing helped Sage. But I am of the belief, this post may possibly Save My Life, maybe help Sage also. If Zekers was my next door neighbor, he may have hooked a wench to my chair and hauled me onto the street. I lack motivation and I need to say to Sage, "I need you to come to my Home". Ask Rich for my phone, email and address. I have two things for you to help me with. First, I need a Hug. Secondly we can take a drive to see Rich and BS constantly. Or, better yet, have Rich and Huntris7 meet you here, maybe next weekend. I will pay for your gas or, send you a chauffeur.

Any friend of Sage is invited. I already passed "Two Things" so I have more. I actually do wish to pay you top dollar for work I need done. Its the type of work you have done for years....from what Rich implied. I will pay for a Hotel room for you. It may take you more than a quick visit to, How'd Zekers say it...?... Get off your big ass and go for a walk...? That's what "I NEED". Few things has overcome my excuses.

We can even take a drive. I bought my Wife a $60,000 Ford Lariat 4x4 but she torqued me off so now, the Truck is mine, and it just sits. I put her in time-out, in a corner, Biting heads off of Live Doves....Remember that day across the field from Grandmother/Fathers Home...? Yea, I'm mean and I Runzz my House. Only Rich knows the real story. Ask him to tell you. Its nothing really bad, just a wives + money saga. When she's done with the Doves, maybe I'll let her ride in it...? I'll hold on to the keys, I know you'd give them to her:..... Mr. Cuddles.

If you wish, I will drive up to visit Ewe....I mean; You. Bahhhh'ed use of words....Shame on me. Didn't want to get you all excited.

The other option is we can procrastinate and sit where we each are but, that's not going to help. I'm fatter, slower, have more solid excuses than you to not go walking plus, I can out-argue Rich better than you. Neither of us will ever say to Rich.....he's right....even if he is. Plus, he's such a Chicken (Squak-Squak) that he won't reply to this Post....he stil can't reed nor rite.

Oratorical Bombastic Chicanery aside, I do have work that I physically can't do (excuse) and need your skills...maybe we can stare at it then call a contractor..?

I am also quite able to drive up to your area, get a Hotel myself and we just visit. Believe it or not, I don't drink alcohol and I enjoy Soy and Tofu. I better post this and watch my computer flame up into ashes. I tried another private message back to you. I still don't understand fully how this forum works or many of the topics. I am doing what Rich said and posting here and there. made one under California (stuffed Horse sought) and read some of the technical reloading posts. I saw some smart folks and they popped up in your post on the amazing 25-06 I am so happy you got back. You really shocked me when you let it go to your Uncle.

I NEED YOU back in my daily Life and to kick me outdoors to walk.....maybe even mug a teenager or two.

Big Hugs Sage
Jagerdad

(Disclaimer: No Doves, Sheep, Chickens or wives were harmed in the production of this Reply)

John, let's plan to get together in a month or two. I'm planning a visit down to see friends and family and usually i don't like to set time limits on how long i can stay once i'm down off the hill. If the job can wait, i'll be glad to take a look and be of help if i can.

You are certainly welcome to visit here though you might find the accommodations less than you're used to. I do have a nice guest room all set up with mostly new everything but it's been seriously cold out and the heating situation in there is less than ideal. Also, i don't have TV and probably would prefer dove heads over Soy and Tofu for dinner. :)

So John, i'm glad to hear that i'm welcome, as you are here, but i just don't care to jump around and doing things off the cuff unless there is a real emergency. I truly hope that you are not going to be a pain in my rear end. :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I'm as kicked back as ever. More than ever before. Nothing is worth getting truly worked up over. The jobs can wait. No rush on anything at this end.

You always had the respect of everyone in our old town. I am very pleased to see, even as you traveled into the Internet, people, many people quickly figure out how much of a great guy you are. I am and always have been, very proud of our friendship.

I always remember a statement my Mother used to say: "Never resent getting old, many are denied the privilege". That's a hard line to swallow after those I lost in the sandbox. Plus two family members, whom fly U-2's over there right now and a third I can't write about....not proper right now. When you visit, I'll show you a flag dedicated to me during a mission, now unclassified.

Maybe as I learn more about this website, I may learn from you (and/or your friends) how helping the site is properly done.

And....HAPPY BIRTHDAY

" I may learn from you (and/or your friends) how helping the site is properly done."

John, as a 'New Guy" wanting to help, posts giving out the GPS numbers to your secret hunting, fishing, or camping spots are very popular and many here enjoy the threads with pictures showing the old lady's boobs. Usually most of those threads are contained within the "Campfire" forum.

Aside that, a lot of solid Buck, Bull, and Lope hunting going on here from some guys that could learn me plenty.

There you go! ;-)

Joey

JOHN...my "handle" here is Kilowatt aka Brian and there are 2 other ways to talk with Joey. If you look right next to his "name" Sageadvice, you will see an icon that looks like 2-envelopes that is his email address. The single envelope is his "private message". Click on either one of them to send him a message or talk with him and NO ONE is going to read or see what you talk about between yourselves.
Never met Joey but we have exchanged PM's and emails a number of times over the years. And if I ever draw my CA Antelope tag, Joey, told me he would guide me or show me where to go other than hell and back.

Welcome aboard and expect some BS at times all in fun.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

John, as a 'New Guy" wanting to help, posts giving out the GPS numbers to your secret hunting, fishing, or camping spots are very popular and many here enjoy the threads with pictures showing the old lady's boobs.

Oh yeah John, this will make you a popular member ?

Nice Post Jager! like that squirrel, you're getting the hang of it. :)

Joey

I received the knife today. All I can say is that it looks AWESOME! Can't wait to put it to good use this season after I draw several miracle tags.

I think I may need to buy one for my son. He's 9 and really liked the look of it.

Thank you RELH, the Creator and Sage!

I hope everyone has a healthy year and gets to go on a few great hunts.

Ray

LAST EDITED ON Jan-21-16 AT 09:18PM (MST)[p]Ray, I'm happy that you enjoyed the knife and get to put it to good use this coming season. If you end up cutting yourself on the sharp edge, you can join the club that calls my knives, "that damn Hatfield knife".

RELH

P.S. You can tell your son that the handle scales are California Redwood burl that has been stabilized for function as a handle knife material.

>I received the knife today.
>All I can say is
>that it looks AWESOME! Can't
>wait to put it to
>good use this season after
>I draw several miracle tags.
>
>
>I think I may need to
>buy one for my son.
>He's 9 and really liked
>the look of it.
>
>Thank you RELH, the Creator and
>Sage!
>
>I hope everyone has a healthy
>year and gets to go
>on a few great hunts.
>
>
>Ray
We would love to see the knife. Post up a picture if you can. We all like to see Guns and knifes . :)

Here is the photo from my files.

8400004848.jpg

Here's a another angle that shows off the nice green inlay. Makes it look nice and sharp (pun intended).

6578image.jpg

Sierra, that spacer between the tang and handle scales looks blue to me. Is it the photo or is it green. I can not remember as I use green, blue, red, yellow, white, black, spacers.

RELH

>Sierra, that spacer between the tang
>and handle scales looks blue
>to me. Is it the
>photo or is it green.
>I can not remember as
>I use green, blue, red,
>yellow, white, black, spacers.
>
>
>
>