Sage Grouse on their lek.

2lumpy

Long Time Member
Took my annual trip to the sage grouse lek this morning. Good population doing their ritual today.

If anyone in Utah would be willing to share a location for strutting ruff, blue or sharp tail grouse, I'd be happy to take you to this locations, for some photos. I'd like to get some pictures of these other grouse, to all to my sage grouse collection.

DC

993cleargrouse.jpg

2858grouse1.jpg

9465grouseback.jpg

5451goodgrouse3.jpg

Hey LUMPY!

There's a lot of Black Dark meat on one of them Big ole Bombers!

You ate any of them lately?:D

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

I haven't BC, fact is, it's been nearly 50 years since I ate a sage grouse. But I sure get a charge out of watching them dong their rituals. Not only is it a visual pleasure but the sounds associated with those air bags going off and such are about as pristine wild as it get. It rivals rutting bulls and bucks wrestlings, at least, in my opinion.

Nature is surely full of magnificent wonders.

DC

Seen a Pine Grouse a few years ago acting like He was King Kong of the Mountain!

So that explains a lot BC................you've been emulating Mr. Pine Grouse every since. :D In your next MM life, (coming sooner than later)......I'll expect to be addressing your "Royal Highness" by the user name: fauxkong.

DC

Nope Lumpy!

Seen the Sage Grouse Strutin many a times!

Only seen a few Pine Chickens Strutin over the years!

The one I mentioned above was gonna WHOOP my Ass!:D

BC, Pine Grouse, are called "Fool Hens" in the Canadian Rockies. They've earned their name through abject stupidity. If old Mr. Piney was preparing to Whoop your ass, he was a fool. Seems the American Pineys are as foolish as their Canadian cousins. :D

DC,

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom