Roys' Turtle Hunt?

eelgrass

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON May-21-08 AT 06:34PM (MST)[p]Not a word!

If you all remember, Roy drew a Devil Terrapin tag for Utah GMU 666 last year.

I have an inside connection to the DWR. I called him today. He confirmed that Roy did indeed draw the tag. I asked him if he heard what happened. He acted like we had a poor phone connection and then hung up on me!

I tried sending a PM to TripleK (his sister) but she ignores me. Roy says he has to wait for clearance from some magazine, but I'm beginning to wonder.

Does antbody know anything? If Roy got cold feet and didn't go on the hunt I'll understand.

Eel

Last I heard, contract negotiations broke down between him and his outfitter. There was some debate back and forth as to whether Roy should be paid royalties from "Hardshell Productions" in light of the fact they profit directly from the video of the hunt, which is after all, a hard to draw trophy turtle area.

1911, thanks! Things like that can happen, especially on those hard to draw trophy units. Unit 666 is considered an OIL tag for the simple reason that very few hunters live to complete the hunt.

Eel

so does that mean 666 would be an easy to draw unit simply because most people want to live to tell about it? if its good draw odds sign me up. Im new to turtle hunting but i would love to Spot and Stalk a good snapper!

What a crock! I heard Roy sold the rights to the Discovery Channel. They haven't chosen the name for the ?reality series? but it's going to be something like; Turtle-Man or Most Dangerous Hunt Ever or Roy?s backyard staring the evil pooping bird.

The whole thing is a stupid Texas High Fence Terrapin hunt with a doped up turtle hooked up to a logging chain. Roy won't even look it in the eye .. What a hero.

RUS

Oh I did go on the hunt and let me tell you that it was an experience worth waiting to hear about! But there are some rumors going around that I must quell.

First off - High fence? I guess if you call the Virgin River Gorge a "High Fence?" then yes. Logging chain? Are you kidding me? They couldn't hold one of those things down with a simple logging chain! That might work on rhinos and elephants but not the the Desert Devil! And think about it - hunting one of those things in a High Fence is like wrestling all the WWE in a steel cage match!! Sorry, but I don't have that kind of cash to invest in that kind of life insurance!

The time for the story to come out is coming soon. And no, I am not waiting for permission from the hunter to release the photos or for clearance from some magazine. This permission comes from higher up - try 5 points higher up! Yes that's right - the Pentagon! It may be a matter of national security and until that is resolved, then I may not be able to say much. I will contact the FBI tomorrow and see if I can release something to a demanding public.

Believe me - it is worth waiting for!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Roy.....just to keep this interesting an to stall some of our anxiety, could you post some pictures of your turtle's 15" inch feces?......just until the story is cleared for publication.

hey roy for gods sake dont get the EPA involved in this. they will take the trophy from u, and u may get jail time. trusk me on this.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom