Roy Roth was an inspiration to me

NMPaul

http://www.frontiersman.com/breakin...cle_3685bd72-6bb7-11e5-abef-f73238b20fbb.html

This kinda hit me hard. Roy Roth was a respected name in the Alaska and general bow hunting community. I do not see myself as a bowhunter, but, that is not how I related to Roy. Even though I never met or spoke to him, I have followed him for years.

The way I related to Roy is that lets face it Roy was fat. However, he was a badass. He hung with guys like Cameron Hanes, and all the other super hunter athletes out there.

Roy, just got it done. I am sure he would have loved to lose some weight to better his hunting game, but, for whatever reason like myself he had not. Many times I thought I was biting off more than I could chew, but, struggled through it and think Roy helped to inspire me.

At least he died doing what he loved.

Sad news, I remember reading some of Cameron's early articles with Eastmans and his hunts with Roy.

Don't know him, but followed him. Seems like he had it figured out at all levels. Known a guy like him where mental toughness can overcome any physical or age advantages. Sorry to hear the news.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom