Roy Clark Dies

That is a shame. In 97 or so he was in Reno for a series of concerts. He was sent an invitation to take a tour of TOPGUN. As it turned out, his entire band came. At each point during his tour he made sure to let members of his band get the best view of whatever we were looking at. I had the pleasure of talking to his crew in the night vision lab. They all had nothing but wonderful things to say about how he always took care of them.

I did get to meet him and speak in private for a brief time. He is very likely the most polite and down to earth famous person I have ever met.

?Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. "

Now ... as older than OIL ... I reflect back upon such shows as Hee-Haw and remember pure Fun.

Now .. it seems there are SO MANY Folks just set like a Steel Jawed Trap ... awaiting to be: Insulted.

I personally was politely scolded for using the term Colored in a sentence. Heck, Daily I see TV News folks use the term and it's fine BUT; NOT EVERYWHERE apparently. Kinda makes it hard to chat even in a grocery Store Isle.

Hee-Haw and such times are gone. I feel bad for younger folks because in 30-50 years and THEY then speak about "THE GOOD OLE DAYS" well, I will be dust and, the good ole days are long gone.

Jagerdad

PS: Feddoc, I am very glad you, of everyone I know as a friend, saw Roy Clark. I am sure you gave them the best tours.

Aw man! I ve been hunting then driving cross country on work trip, did not hear of ol Roy's passing! He was a great talent, on banjer and as a comedian. RIP Roy

Most of the good ones are gone now, but there remain a few who can carry the torch. Enjoy Dwight Yoakam and Dale Watson while you still can.

https://youtu.be/4l4gdhPqh3E

Hope I pasted the link right. There's a few fellas out there trying to make some good country. You have to search hard because there ain't any teenage girls screaming for it on the radio. Sure will miss Roy. I never picked cotton.

>https://youtu.be/4l4gdhPqh3E
>
>
>Hope I pasted the link right.
> There's a few fellas
>out there trying to make
>some good country. You
>have to search hard because
>there ain't any teenage girls
>screaming for it on the
>radio. Sure will miss
>Roy. I never picked
>cotton.

That guy is amazing! Country music is alive and well.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom