room air conditioner?

eelgrass

Long Time Member
I know. I live on the coast and don't need air conditioning. Last summer we had some "hot" weather that was kind of miserable. Nobody around here has air conditioning to speak of, and I don't need to cool the entire house.

I see room air conditioners advertised on the internet, but don't know much about them. I'd like to just cool down the family room for a few hours in the evening. About 300 sq.ft.

Any of you have experience with these units? Any suggestions?

Eel

Well Eel!

It takes a good sized Ice Maker to keep up sometimes but it works!

2089redneck_cooler.jpg

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

LAST EDITED ON May-13-14 AT 11:04PM (MST)[p]Thanks crazeymaez. I'll check them out.

Bobcat do you make and sell those? I see some plumbage in there:) It looks like it would work alright.

Eel

It's been hot down here, too, eel. It hit mid 90's in Santa Maria. We don't have AC in our home but there is in one of the residential units we have and when I went over there today at about 10 am to check on some stuff...that AC was running. I looked around for the tenants car and she was gone. Frickin people crack me up...leave chit on so its cool for them 8 hours later when they get home from work. My wife sent her a text asking why it was on. If it ain't there money being spent, they don't care.

We just sit under the ceiling fans when it gets too hot. :)

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Check with your power company out there eel as they have some pretty nice energy efficient rebates on some models of window mount A/C's....

Robb

>I leave mine on all day..takes
>two days to cool a
>damn house down if i
>dont.

You ever thought about being an Insulator for a day or two DAWG?:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

The California department of air quality & energy suggests you stop being such a ***** and deal with it. The money saved on kilowatt hours will buy you a ticket to kona. The. Overton suggests stop being such a ***** and get on the fishing boat.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Ahhhhh, Kona. The land where dreams of the innocent...and clubhouse wannabe's, frolic in the salty air. A land that originated the saying, "what happens to my butt in Kona, stays in my butt in Kona."

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

>Ahhhhh, Kona. The land where dreams
>of the innocent...and clubhouse wannabe's,
>frolic in the salty air.
>A land that originated the
>saying, "what happens to my
>butt in Kona, stays in
>my butt in Kona."
>
>Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good
>health for granted because it
>can be gone in a
>heartbeat. Please go back and
>read the last line. This
>time really understand what it
>says.

Don't play coy like you were there for the game of soggy Whizz.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I will not participate in ANY game where the phrase, "Owwwwww...slower" could be uttered.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom