Romneys Speech

M

MortgageMan

I didn't see it but I read parts of it. It sounded like it went pretty well. Did anyone hear it or see it? Given that I didn't see it I can't speculate on whether it will help or hurt him. What do you guys think?

That's what I read. There were some great lines in that speech:

"It is as if they are intent on establishing a new religion in America ? the religion of secularism. They are wrong,"

"I do not define my candidacy by my religion. A person should not be elected because of his faith nor should he be rejected because of his faith ... I will put no doctrine of any church above the plain duties of the office and the sovereign authority of the law," Romney said. " If I am fortunate enough to become your president, I will serve no one religion, no one group, no one cause, and no one interest ... A president must serve only the common cause of the people of the United States.?

and

"I believe in my Mormon faith and I endeavor to live by it. My faith is the faith of my fathers. I will be true to them and to my beliefs. Some believe that such a confession of my faith will sink my candidacy. If they are right, so be it. But I think they underestimate the American people," he said. "Americans do not respect ... believers of convenience. Americans tire of those who would jettison their beliefs, even to gain the world."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom