Roku

Zim

Very Active Member
Anyone out there have any tips for a new Roku user?

This week I finally decided paying $100/month was a bad ROI for a one person household. Ditched my cable, opted for a Roku along with 14 local aerial channels. So I am fiddling with this Roku seeing what all is available. My first impression is that the best quality channels on cable are blocked from Roku. It seems the bulk of the free programming available is in an amateur format from a basement, like in Wayne's World.

History Channel & A/E are blocked or fee based. The free hunting channels/shows on there are all Billybob & Travis self-filming themselves chasing whitetail & turkey! I am Googling trying to get tips on good internet networks, but going is slow. So I thought I'd post on here to see if anybody has experience with Roku and found any good free programming I don't know about.

I am interested in about any subject matter. May also be interested in some pay sports or outdoors networks if they are cheap. Thanks for any suggestions.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, NRA, UWC & DP Hate Club

I Heard that SFW Has some Free Programming!

You checked it out yet?:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

I checked out their channel and everything was fee based except for one free segment. Clicked on it and it was a video of DP carrying two suitcases full of cash through the front door of his Bountiful, Utah custom home, located on former prime mule deer winter range.

if its free its probably crap or illegal.

I still use my ROKu for netflix and PLEX (stream files from my PC), but the fact that it doesn't have youtube is just ridiculous. I am using my chromecast more and more. If I would have picked up the chromecast first I probably would've never even bought the roku.

I have Roku-3 and it does have YouTube.

No matter what, this was a no brainer decision to dump cable. $100/month for one person, and I'm gone at least 30% of each month on business. I get way more programming than I can possibly watch. Also hooked up the antenna and get 18 Chicago stations with all the major networks. So I'll get lots of sports including almost the same amount of NFL games.

I am finally finding some decent western hunting videos like for elk, mule deer, moose, etc. But not sure how often that refresh those. Pretty soon I'll be down to watching stuff like archery frog hunting, coon, groundhog, squirrel, crow, coyote, and one on the mystical albino prairie dog! Believe it or not I actually found myself tuning in to some of these rather than the batch of Crush episodes. Those are so fakey they make me want to hurl.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-11-14 AT 05:30PM (MST)[p]I thought Roku was the latest mail order bride.

Isn't roku the number six in Japanese?

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup, I just stir it.[/font]

LAST EDITED ON Apr-12-14 AT 00:12AM (MST)[p]>I thought Roku was the latest
>mail order bride.
>
>Isn't roku the number six in
>Japanese?

I don't know what Roku translates to. Maybe Google it. I settled for a Chinese girl, and she has become my fianc?e. But met her in Milwaukee, not in the mail.

Hey first it's a MM Asian beauty link banner ad, now today just saw one for Roku! Looks like I'm ahead of the game. :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom