Rocky Mountain Bighorn

M

Mounts02

Just want to say thanks to those who refered me to use Xtreme outfitting with Greg Bird and Troy Justenson for my 09 hunt in Utah. These guys know there sheep and are truly one of a kind Sheep guides.I would recommend them to anyone with a tag. It was a great experience.You will not find two better people in my book.My thanks for the hunt of a lifetime goes to Greg and Troy.Hopefully luck will grace me on a Desert Tag some day.

Sounds like you had a great hunt. How about some pictures and a story. Some of us unlucky folks are living vicariously through other sheep hunters this fall! Did you hunt the Rattlesnake Unit? When did you kill and did you see any rutting activity? TJ

Thanks for the kind words Todd, Troy and I enjoyed our time with you also. What a great hunt! Todd is a pretty humble man and probably won't tell everyone he killed a really great ram and what a shot! Congrats again on your first sheep and hopefully a few more to follow, once you have the fever there is no going back.

Greg

Here are a few pictures of Todd's ram, I will let Todd tell his story.

4b02c98141076d57.jpg

4b02c99d41a472cf.jpg

4b0352f173ad7e04.jpg

4b0353e97c64a64b.jpg

Here are a few more pics if they work. I will add story once I can get these pics up.

We hunted hard for six days all day to find this ram. Along the way we passed on many other rams that would have been great rams,but due to them brooming I really wanted to hold out for something with a little more horn length with the same amount of mass. Greg said that would be fine with him, but if something happened and we could not find one better he didn't want me to regret passing on them.Once I told him I would be fine with that we pressed on to find the sheep we were looking for.We looked over great amounts of country from the river corridors all the way to the unit borders and back every day.On day four Troy showed up to help and two days later we finally found him. The only problem we had was we were on the rattlesnake side of the river and the ram was on the nine mile side with the green river in between us.Just to let you know my permit was good for either unit as I am a non-resident.So we talked it over and decided to take the shot from where we were at.At that time we did not have a boat with us.Thanks to Troy who built this custom 300 ultra mag I was able to make the shot at over 700 yds. count and I harvested this ram of many lifetimes.Without the help of these two great sheep guides this would not have been possible for me as a non resident hunter.The crossing of the river after the ram was down and the trip back across would have made quite the movie,but we got it done.The DWR in Price measured the Ram at 179 4/8 it has 16.5 inch bases and it has a little over 37 inches of length.This was truly the hunt of a lifetime for me!!I will try and post a few more pics,but as of right now it is not working for me.Thanks again Greg and Troy

M02

great ram. Can you share more about the river crossing? That sounds almost as cool as shooting the sheep

4b0631974d0e952c.jpg

Cozmo
They aged him at 6yrs.
Thanks guys for the congrats and Best of luck to you on drawing someday too!!

M02

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom