Rockies No Hitter!

BeanMan

Long Time Member
Rockies pitcher Ubaldo Jimenez just threw the first no hitter in Rockies history. Very cool to watch.

COOL! They have toyed with several no-no's this year, Sabathia almost had one. Good for the Rocks and Jimenez!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

man! did watch the giants game and see what the freak did?
unbelievable! man I can't wait to see what he does next!...
Oh am sorry Roy!...what did you say?
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

Ubaldo Jimenez threw a no no, eh? Congrats are always due for that!!

Colo is going to be tough this year. Last season they started off real slow and came on hard towards the end of the season. If this no-no is signs of things to come, i see a Rox-Giants battle right down to the end. :)

Joey

My buddy at work is a Braves fan. This will be fun Monday morning!

Eel

Pray for Obama. Psalm 109:8

Way cool. How bout that catch Dexter made in center? No Nos are just awesome.
Mets and the Pads are the only two teams left without one.

Yeah, Dexter Fowler made a sensational catch in the 7th to preserve the no hitter. First one I've watched.

Yep and they found the Rockies President dead in Salt Lake today.

DENVER -- Rockies president Keli McGregor was found dead in his hotel room in Salt Lake City on Tuesday morning, the Salt Lake City Police Department confirmed.

Det. Rick Wall said police were called to the Grand America Hotel in downtown Salt Lake City around 9 a.m. MT when associates were unable to reach him.

Wall said members of the fire department and paramedics were unable to revive McGregor, 48, who was in Salt Lake City on a business trip with team chairman & CEO Charlie Monfort and executive vice president Greg Feasel. Wall said there was no suspicion of foul play and McGregor's death was "consistent with natural causes." The investigation has been turned over to the Utah State Medical Examiner's Office, which is standard in such cases.

"Words cannot describe the level of shock and disbelief that we all are feeling this morning at the loss of Keli," said Monfort. "Our thoughts, our prayers are with Lori and the entire family as we all try to cope and understand how such a tragic loss could occur with such a wonderful man."

McGregor had been president of the club since Oct. 17, 2001.

"On behalf of Major League Baseball, I am very saddened by the sudden and unexpected passing of Keli McGregor," Commissioner Bud Selig said in a statement. "As president of the Colorado Rockies, Keli was one of our game's rising young stars. He was a great athlete and equally great as a baseball administrator. Also, he was a great human being. All of baseball will miss him. I offer my condolences and deepest sympathies to his family, friends and the Rockies ballclub."

McGregor joined the Rockies in 1993 as senior director of operations, became senior vice president in 1996, and executive vice president in 1998 before assuming the club's presidency.

Before that, McGregor had a long career in football as a player and coach, and in collegiate athletics as an administrator.

Raised in Colorado, McGregor became a two-time All-American tight end at Colorado State, where he is third in career receptions with 153. He received his B.S. in microbiology in 1985. That year, he was drafted by the Denver Broncos in the fourth round and played for the Broncos, Indianapolis Colts and Seattle Seahawks. He was named to the CSU All-Century team in 1992 and its Hall of Fame in 1996.

"From the first time I met him, he was an impressive individual because of his convictions, his dedication, and his desire. You could see that whatever Keli chose to pursue, he was going to succeed," Sonny Lubick, McGregor's football coach at Colorado State, had said about him prior to his death. "He has always been a very special person and a very special friend not only to me, but to our entire family and to our program."

McGregor served as an assistant football coach at the University of Florida in 1988 and 1989, and earned a master's degree in education with an athletic administration emphasis.

McGregor had a four-year stint at the University of Arkansas as an associate athletic director.

In addition to his day-to-day work with the Rockies, McGregor was co-founder and served as president of the Reaching Out to Youth Foundation in the battle against cystic fibrosis, served as a board member on the Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce and the Mountain Stats Employers Council, and was appointed by Colorado Gov. Bill Owens to serve in an advisory position on the Colorado Commission on Higher Education.

McGregor, born Jan. 23, 1962, in Primghar, Iowa, is survived by his wife, Lori, and four children.

Thomas Harding is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

Dang it, I took a couple of classes with Keli at CSU. He was a pretty good guy (not claiming to really know him but just acquainted). Two years younger than me too.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom