Roasting a Pig 2007

BeanMan

Long Time Member
Getting ready to light the fire for Pig Roast 2007. Beer, Bluegrass, and all you can eat pork!
Pigroast07001.jpg

cheers,

Beanman

but, but, but...you didn't tell us when! Oh it's ok....I'm sure mine and Bobcat's invites got lost in the mail. I'll just camp out in your yard until it's time, ok? lol

Enjoy!!

Jenn

Jenn,

You can still make it here by 5PM! Bessy got his invite, I wonder what happened to yours, it was in the same emailing.

Cheers,

Fred

Yeah - you will want to invite her for sure - she can even bring the pig!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...... BBQ hoggggg!!! Whats up with the coyote head on the grill? Haaahaaa....
Eric
famousfigures_abevigoda.gif

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

Ya wanna little more of this shoulder, ribs, loin? How 'bout a bit of ham? No thanks! Just give me a little head.

Beanman, I know nothing about cooking that way. Please share some knowledge. How long, how hot, is that your setup? Very cool.

THANKS TO A FAMILY WEDDING I MISSED OUT ON:::

BeanMan COOKING A PIG IN THE GROUND!!!

HE HAD SOME BEER ON ICE!!!

ALL HIS ROWDY FRIENDS WASN'T THERE LAST NIGHT!!!

AND TEE-TEE-K!!!

HE DID INVITE US!!!

DAMN I SURE HATED TO TURN THE OFFER DOWN!!!

I COULD TASTE IT FROM HERE!!!

THANKS BeanMan!!!

BY THE WAY,HOW YOU FEELING THIS MORNING???

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

I know he invited us..NOW...lol. But, I was just joking around, being goofy and didn't know he really did invite us. OOPS! I hardly ever check my hotmail addy though (it's always filled with 1,000's of junk emails.) My bad. Hope it was great fun, Beanman!

Not top shelf I can assure you bess. Been cleaning up the mess and bagging up about 40 pounds, in one pound bags, of winter green pork chili and pots o beans.

It takes about 7.5 hours of cooking time in my roaster. It was a 191 pound dressed berkshire hog. I use dry peach wood to start a good bed of coals and then add fresh cut green peach wood for smoke. I don't have a thermometer so I can't guess the temperature. I take "continuous taste samples" to figure it out.

I stopped with the pictures for a number of reasons, the guests came, the beer got tapped, and my Wife took her camera away from me. Something about a greasy drunk not being allowed to handle fine electronics. When I get sorted through the rest of the pictures taken by others I'll post a few. But right now I need a nap and some tylenol. The band was awesome, they've been opening for "The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band" for most of the summer. I had to confiscate keys from a couple of guests for the protection of the public at large, and themselves. It was a success.

Cheers,

BeanMan

Go to bed Fred.

You're killing me.

You were probably starting to look like that
Hog.

Been there, Done that..

I bet that was fun.............

for a while.
Fred, you and I don't get over it as fast as
we used to. Lord I know I don't, Whewwwwww.

Thanks Sir, Good stuuff
lrv

Great looking grill!

Mind sharing some design pointers with me?

What is holding that huge cover up?

is the grill height adjustable?

LAST EDITED ON Aug-23-07 AT 07:37PM (MST)[p]2Rocky,

sorry for the delays in responding, 3rd cutting of hay kind of snuck up on me. Here's the last picture I took before the Wife confiscated the camera.

Pigroast07.jpg

The Lid is lowered and raised by a cable attached to the pole behind it using a pulley and boat winch. The grill is adjustable in height but I have yet to move it up or down for a pig. I smoke Brisket and Turkies on a two foot tall platform on top of the main grill to get them up into more smoke.
Sparkeyroasterbruise.jpg

Bean

My Niece in the backyard at the roast.
pigroast4aj070804.jpg

Guests and BeanMan with a silly smile during the music.
pigroast5aj070804.jpg

"Stray Grass" getting started
pigroast2aj070804.jpg

Next year we will open the party up to any MM'rs who are willing to make the journey.

Beanman

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom