Roads in National Forrest

L

lucobb

i had a question about when a road in a national forest goes goes through a section of private land. Are you allowed to go through or is this considering trespassing. Never hunted wyoming and the area i was looking at going to this year would require me to go from forrest to private back to forest. Just wanted to make sure before i do this.

Depends. I have seen designated forest roads open through private land and I have seen some where the landowner blocks access. I believe the landowner has the right to block access. I wouldn't count on getting through on the road you are looking at . . .

LAST EDITED ON Sep-18-11 AT 01:19PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-18-11 AT 01:19?PM (MST)

Numbered forest service roads are public roads whether they cross private or not. Un-numbered roads and improved access roads are usually open at the landowners discretion. Often the forest service has agreements with landowners to provide access. So, I guess thats a longer way of saying "it depends".

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom