ROAD KILL # 2!

You can never beat Tommy Boy! What was that a stag? "Hey a lot of guys go to college for 8 years"

My BIL told me a story about a (locally) well known poacher with the last name of Crockett who favored head shots. This happened in the San Luis Valley of Colorado, just south of Saguache.

Anyway, at some point in the early 60s Crockett had naild a muley in the head, tossed him in the back of the truck and threw a tarp over him and headed home. He parked his truck in front of a bar to grab a quick 6 pack, then head home. The bad thing was that he had hit the deer in the antlers and not killed him, just knocked him out. As he was pulling away from the bar, the deer came to enough to shake off the tarp and jump out of the truck.

Many years ago a group of us were hunting pheasant and camping out near Holly, Colorado. We'd wake up and drive into town for breakfast. One time a pheasant ran across the road in front of us, one of us jumped out and shot him and threw him in the back of the station wagon were were in. After breakfast the bird came back to life and jumped out of the back door when it was opened. It could only run in circles because of a head injury and after a few minutes of energetic chasing it was caught and it's neck was wrung so violently that it detached. All of this happened in front of a carload of kids and their horrified parents.

Nothing like a front row seat to National Geographic for those kids and parents :)

"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

My buddy was moving his boat about 2 months after the end of waterfowl season.He looked in the rear view and saw a live mallard climbing around on the junk he had piled up in the boat as they were going down the road.He jumps out and finds this scrawny and starved duck,he reached in to grab it and the duck fluttered out of the boat into the road right into the grill of a passing f250.Cant imagine that poor bastard must have come back to life on one of our trips home and crawled back under the transom,only to starve for months and then get hit by a truck,one unlucky duck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom