RMEF RENO

deadibob

Long Time Member
Who here is going to the Elk convention in Reno or who has gone in the past? What are your thoughts on this show. It sounds like it's a smaller show/crowd than the SFW show (15,000-18,000). I heard it was a dud in Dallas last year. So what do you like/dislike about the Elk convention. I'm pretty sick of Reno by now but I'm hoping it'll be a good show.

Hey deadi, I'm not going ,the last time I went, about three years ago it was grouped together with the M.D.F. and FNAWS. That was a real good show. What have you got against Reno? I live in Bishop, and going to Reno is going to the big city for me. I always have a good time there. I've got three boys living in Reno, I think one of them is going to go, depending on the door fee. He's going to school, so cost is a big factor. Hope it's a good show for your sake. Thanks Brownie.

I go everytime it's in Reno. And IMO it's always the same. But I ususally meet my Dad from North Carolina there and see several friends.

Like Browni, it's the big city for me. And my wife just asked me this AM if we were goin and I said "Yea." So I'll be there.

Nothing personally against Reno it just seems like there's half a dozen shows there a year. It's more the drive on hwy 50 from Utah I don't care for. I do like to stop and watch the fighter jets at the bombing range though. The Scheel's in Reno has got to be one of the best hunting/sporting goods stores I've ever been in.

There's a pretty good sized group from our area (Mendocino County CA) that's going. We're staying at Circus Circus and are going into the show Friday and Saturday. I've been to SCI a couple of times and the cost is stupid. The elk show has much of the same stuff (except for 60 year old women in leopard pants that shouldn't be wearing them) and its 20 bucks to get in. Also a nice time to do something while its still winter!

I hear ya on the Leopard pants. SCI is a culture shock the first time you go there. At first I thought all those women were wearing those candy ring pops, I've never seen diamonds that big before. Bling!

I go when it's in Reno, a 6 hour drive.
I like Reno, and I like the RMEF. Lots of good people at elk shows, and the kind of stuff I'm interested in.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-22-10 AT 02:45PM (MST)[p]Wifey and I and both our boys will be going. Short drive for us, about an hour.

Vendor layout is good and there is always something diggerent to see/do.

What is SFW?

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom