RMEF Elk Camp

Nope, the RMEF supports the Wyoming outfitters association and because of their outfitter welfare program the DYI guy is banned from Wyoming(federal taxpayer land)wilderness areas. Thanx but no thanx. BH1

I'll be there. I agree with the sentiment on the Wyoming welfare program but I think if you made a list of Pros and Cons on RMEF, the Pros list would far exceed the Cons.

Plus an hour away, gonna see friends I rarely see, might spend a little money. Just being around people with the same interests is kool.

I'm sure the show was a disappointment for most. Smallist show ever in Reno and I think I've been to all of them. Several vendors expressed disappointment to me. Since i went on Saturday this year, I was kinda glad. Usually on Sat the crowd is so big you have hard time moving around without bumping into people. Seemed like the normal crowd for a Thursday.

Funny story. I bought a pair of saddle panniers, good quality and great price at the show. Damd if 15 minutes later I didn't run into a guy that sold me 2 pairs of saddle panniers about 10-12 years ago (99 I think) I had left with one pair of saddle panniers that were canvas and the guy told me he'd mail me the other pair. I never got them. The original purchase was at either the Sheep show or RMEF in 99 I believe. Anyways, I see this guy, I walk up to him and ask him if he remembers me? He looks at me and says, "No." I tell him, "I remember you and you either owe me $100.00 or a pair of saddle panniers." Now I've got his attention!! Might be because I'm in his personal space, or my comment, or both. Long story short after I decline his offer to mail me a pair, we agree that one of my friends can pick them up after the show Sunday afternoon. I got a call last evening. My friend has those panniers.

I had tracked that guy to Minden, Nv back in 99 but he wasn't home when I showed up at his house. I left a note with my number and mail ordered another pair and forgot about it till I saw him Saturday.

I went with a group of guys from our area (northern CA) and we had fun while in town. Shopped at Cabelas, Scheels and Sportsmans and got some good deals on stuff. My bro and I bought custom fitted ear plugs at the show, a cheap $60 as far as I'm concerned. My bro also bought a new 2 gun airline case on rollers for $425. Saw some of the TV folks there: Ryan Klesko, Larry Potterfield and that guy Aaron from Best of the West. I'll agree its gotten smaller, but it beat staying home and doing nothing.

Venison and Zinfandel are GOOD!

I saw a guy selling panniers who I know used to live in Minden. Azzhole was supposed to make a custom lightweight saddle for my handicapped boy, one he could toss on the horse himself. About the same 1999 timeframe.

It was hardly what we paid for. We took him to court; he got the venue changed because he climed he lived in Minden. (when we did the deal, his business address was in a CA town near Minden) So we went immeditely to the local SO and filed papers. The SO couldn't find him.

I knew sooner or later we would find the plick.

>I'm sure the show was a
>disappointment for most. Smallist
>show ever in Reno and
>I think I've been to
>all of them. Several
>vendors expressed disappointment to me.
> Since i went on
>Saturday this year, I was
>kinda glad. Usually on Sat
>the crowd is so big
>you have hard time moving
>around without bumping into people.
> Seemed like the normal
>crowd for a Thursday.
>
>Funny story. I bought a pair
>of saddle panniers, good quality
>and great price at the
>show. Damd if 15
>minutes later I didn't run
>into a guy that sold
>me 2 pairs of saddle
>panniers about 10-12 years ago
>(99 I think) I
>had left with one pair
>of saddle panniers that were
>canvas and the guy told
>me he'd mail me the
>other pair. I never
>got them. The original
>purchase was at either the
>Sheep show or RMEF in
>99 I believe. Anyways,
>I see this guy, I
>walk up to him and
>ask him if he remembers
>me? He looks at
>me and says, "No."
>I tell him, "I remember
>you and you either owe
>me $100.00 or a pair
>of saddle panniers." Now
>I've got his attention!!
>Might be because I'm in
>his personal space, or my
>comment, or both. Long
>story short after I decline
>his offer to mail me
>a pair, we agree that
>one of my friends can
>pick them up after the
>show Sunday afternoon. I
>got a call last evening.
> My friend has those
>panniers.
>
>I had tracked that guy to
>Minden, Nv back in 99
>but he wasn't home when
>I showed up at his
>house. I left a
>note with my number and
>mail ordered another pair and
>forgot about it till I
>saw him Saturday.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom