Riverton ??

C

clinton5

Riverton ??

Hi guys I plan on staying in Riverton for a week any ideas on where to or not to stay hotel wise. Also any lockers that will let you hang or freeze your game. Chasing speed goats so I can de-bone it easily enough. I'm huntin 67 first time in that area I bought the BLM maps that cover that unit. Is there any other maps I should get, forest service maps?? Thanks fellas....

RE: Riverton ??

I stayed at the Holiday Inn 3 years ago when I hunted 67. It was ok, not great. A little old and rundown. There are several motels there. I'd probably look at something different. All of the public land is BLM so there aren't Forest Service maps. I'd go on MYTOPO.COM and custom make some maps of the unit. Focus on the east side of the unit. More terrain and more water.

You asked about a place to have game processed well then I know of only one that I have first hand knowledge of and that is in Green River.
It is called R&B Meats and their address is as follows:
R&B MEATS
515 E. 2nd NORTH STREET
GREEN RIVER, WY.
307-875-2556

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

There is a processing place in Lander (30min drive apprx) which is supposed to be real good. PM me if you need the name and I will look it up for you.

reinigs wild game processing
42 sage dr
Riverton, WY
307-856-6585
Give em a call

LAST EDITED ON Aug-03-12 AT 08:47AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-03-12 AT 08:46?AM (MST)

JB is who I used in Lander, very good, but a little pricey. Clean shop and quality cut job. I am not sure if they would store meat or not, I would guess not.

I prefer staying in Lander over Riverton. Riverton is 5 minutes and Lander is 25 minutes to the main access road, 136. If you want to hit the far far southeast corner of the unit, it might be quicker to come in from Lander, but probably about the same from either direction.

PM me for one lodging option that might fit you in Lander with a possibility of meat storage.

J B's Wild Wyoming
628 Main Street
Lander, WY 82520-3034 map
Phone: (307) 332-2065

On Maps. I blew up the Walk-in-Area Maps and used them in conjunction with BLM maps. Most of the places I was in, I was able to just carry around the walk-in-area maps.

My uncle has a butcher shop up that way in riverton. The shop is on 9 Mission Rd. Best prices and jerky a guy could ask for!

It's easy. the second icon over from the person's post total that you want to send to, is a envelope. Click on that envelope, write it out, and send. To receive a pm, look on main forum page, it will say if you have a pm.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm just looking for cold storage to hang or freeze the meat not process it. Any ideas on where that can be done. (Joey thanks for the directons).

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom