RIP TKO Brittle?

Tank

Anyone finding that the RIP TKO's are brittle? I've shot VAP TKO's the past 3 yrs and been very impressed with how they hold up. But was shooting 75yrds and I dropped 2 RIP TKO's low that just missed under the target. I realized that the sight was still dialed to 70yrds. They hit a rock about the size of a fist, and broke off behind the insert. I never had that with the VAP TKO's. Anyone had similar results?

I lived in Hawaii almost my entire life. Hunting on old lava flows of hard rock, every time an arrow got a pass-through or a miss. It would hit rocks and blow up it. It didn’t matter which arrow it was. From gold tip, victory or Easton fmj, if your shooting decent poundage with an average to long draw. I would be shocked if I find an arrow I can’t blow up, I’m living in California now and I like that when I get pass through shots on animals I can just pick the arrow up, makes life a lot cheaper, because Hawaii hunting is year round, and spending money on 7 to 8 dozen arrows a year gets expensive, especially when you shoot good arrows. +/-.001 match grade

Last edited:
I agree with Mata. It doesnt matter what arrow you shoot, hitting a rock at high speed/poundage, youll lose that arrow. If not, I still wouldnt chance it by using that arrow again. Not worth the consequence.

My experience is the same as everyone. I used to blame the short outserts that I use, but they blow up all the same when I hit a rock.

I've done it way more than I'd like to admit. I walk outside to practice and let my first arrow fly thinking my sight is dialed for my distance. :mad: